PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Germany!

trailerman
09-04-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm interested in buying a Segway, but I found that they are not allowed in Germany apart from when used on private ground!

Is there anybody using the segway in South Germany (Baden-Württemberg)?

I would be interested in any information. :confused:

pam
09-04-2008, 06:38 PM
You might try to contact Olaf at http://www.funkymove.de

the team came over to SegFesT this year and I got to meet them. Nice people, and they're local to Germany. (If you're anywhere close, they might try to recruit you for Segway Polo :))

pam

C3RS
09-05-2008, 08:18 AM

like in Swiss, i think that you must use on the bicycle way...and not on the sidewalk or pedestral area. :)

mark1qhorsey
09-05-2008, 10:43 AM
:cool: It's a slight risk, but if you approach your local authorities with one in hand-gliding- maybe they will think outside the bureaucratic box and and make allowances in your local municipal codes - whatever they're called over there. Got to glide it before you buy it. Good luck!

I'm interested in buying a Segway, but I found that they are not allowed in Germany apart from when used on private ground!

I would be interested in any information. :confused:

trailerman
09-07-2008, 08:36 AM
PAM

thank you for the link to Olaf.

Kind regards

Mike

trailerman
10-07-2008, 05:09 PM
like in Swiss, i think that you must use on the bicycle way...and not on the sidewalk or pedestral area. :)
Thank you C3RS,

do you have any problems in France to use the segway?

Kind regards

Mike

C3RS
10-08-2008, 08:10 AM
:o no problem...in France.
Police see as a bike and on sidewalks, I glide with the pedestrian speed (if a pedestrian does not understand the device, I stop and I show where they can go). :)
The police check (in car), sometimes in slow motion next to me to check the speed on the pavement (and plug the other drivers) ... but it's going. :D

the only remark in France is that many sidewalks does not get the Segway wide (old city).