PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Central/Upstate New York!

krauzac
09-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Everyone!
I'm just a newbie fan of the Segway PT's after getting the chance to glide on them while we were in Bermuda.
My Wife and I took a 2 hour tour around the Royal Dockyard area, part of a group of 10 i2 gliders. Just the fact that the wifey was willing to try it, and she felt comfortable after 2 minutes made my day. Afterward, she wanted to tour on them the next day when we were in Hamilton.
Now that I've been bitten by the Segway bug, I'm ideally looking for some used I2's daily. Pricey! Already learned about the scammers on eBay, after asking the seller for a serial number, and eBay contacting me that the auction was posted my a scammer/compromised account.
Hope to talk to others of you soon,
Cazman

wwhopper
09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
You will find a number of i2s for sale here, as well as some great dealers to help you.

And the community is one that will offer you lots of support.

The key thing when getting a machine used, is to take the time to learn how to use it correctly.

Enjoy the Glide!

MajorGeek
09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
I guess your in Cazenovia, I am in Baldwinsville, too bad were not closer. I ride mine on the trails here, its good fun and draws a ton of attention because the nearest dealer is in Buffalo. Never any police problems either, again because they are so rare out here. I watched Ebay, it took me months, then I found someone who was in PA and willing to meet halfway. Be patient, as WWhopper says, they are out there.

Mamrax
10-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Welcome and hope you can find a good deal. Steve Orr of Capital Segway (DC) had some used I2's for sale a couple of months ago. He is a straight up guy and you don't have to worry about getting ripped off. Beware on ebay. For a buy this expensive, I would meet the seller somewhere to complete the transaction. When I was buying mine, I approached a few sellers that were within driving distance of my house. All refused and said the item would have to be shipped at $200 - $300. I checked out what the actual shipping was and it was about $80. Your best bet is to buy from someone who does tours and replaces his fleet annually. Good luck!

bentbiker
10-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Your site is very interesting and useful, I like it so much! ------ Danny Jackson (Hot Kicks (http://www.??????????.com/)).
Danny, where exactly is "1"? And why the link to a shoe sales site? Is our site "interesting and useful" as a source of Segway information, or as a promotional aid for selling shoes?

Edit: Since admins deleted the post, I deleted the URL of the link so that he doesn't benefit. He showed location as "1" if you are confused by the reference.

Bob.Kerns
10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Danny, where exactly is "1"? And why the link to a shoe sales site? Is our site "interesting and useful" as a source of Segway information, or as a promotional aid for selling shoes?

Looks like comment spam to me. Both of his posts, in fact.