PDA

View Full Version : I love my i2 too much!

andrew360
08-30-2008, 07:27 PM
I have wanted to have a segway since they were first sold.

Last year I took a Segway tour in downtown Ashville, NC.

Now I have an i2 and have put about 284 miles on it. I live in Western Kentucky and I have taken it to Paducah (and located a new Segway dealer, while on the Segway), Eastern Tennessee, and most recently Louisville, KY.

By the way: Louisville is a great place to Segway! I stayed at the Galt House and they were great about taking my Segway up (22 stories, glass elevators are fun) to the hotel room. The west tower has direct access to a huge belvedere above a parking garage. From here you can very easialy access the main streets or take another glass elevator down to the warf. From the warf or street level you can go to a huge city park or explore downtown. There areis also over 1.5 miles of above ground (mostly glass) pedway (who do I see about trademark infringement?) accessable from the 3rd floor of the east hotel tower. The pedway goes several blocks through the Convention Center and Hyatt to the Marriott and 4th Street Live. That has to be the most I have ever ridden a Segway indoors. I was lucky and the city was mostly empty so I was able to Segway unrestricted.

NotQuiteCode3
08-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Andrew,

It's great to have you among us!

What a great experience you describe! Thank you for letting us know about this wonderful place. I look forward to hearing more about your travels.

Lynn

bud01234
08-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Louisville is a great place to Segway! I stayed at the Galt House and they were great about taking my Segway up (22 stories, glass elevators are fun) to the hotel room. The west tower has direct access to a huge belvedere above a parking garage. From here you can very easialy access the main streets or take another glass elevator down to the warf. From the warf or street level you can go to a huge city park or explore downtown. There areis also over 1.5 miles of above ground (mostly glass) pedway (who do I see about trademark infringement?) accessable from the 3rd floor of the east hotel tower. The pedway goes several blocks through the Convention Center and Hyatt to the Marriott and 4th Street Live. That has to be the most I have ever ridden a Segway indoors. I was lucky and the city was mostly empty so I was able to Segway unrestricted.

Hi Andrew-
Welcome from another ky newbie... I'm in northern ky close to the cincinnati airport. Good info on louisville; sounds like a good place to go gliding in the wintertime on the pedway. :)

Bob.Kerns
08-31-2008, 01:14 PM
If you love your i2 too much, send it to me; I can solve the problem!

Anyway, thanks for teaching me a new word. I didn't know "belvedere" is an English word.

Since I'm participating in the Tiburon/Belvedere parade today, it's quite apropos I should learn this today!

(For those who don't know, Tiburon is Spanish for "shark". Except it has lost the accent mark over the 'o'. Can anyone explain why we pronounce the 'j' correctly, but not the 'V' or 'll', in "Vallejo"?)