PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mexico!

ToursSMA
08-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone! I am a new Segway owner from the United States and will be beginning my own company of Segway Tours in a little beautiful historic town in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico! I am looking forward to hearing from all of you and if you have any questions about my company here in Mexico feel free to contact me at any time!

JRjr
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
I've spent many a vacation in San Miguel, both when I was growing up, and now as an adult. San Miguel is truly unique, and one of my favorite places in the world. I have an aunt who has lived there since 1963!

San Miguel is a colonial city, historically preserved, and so it's streets are all cobble or stone. I'm curious to know how well a Seg works there, particularly as the traffic situation is not easy. Streets tend to be narrow, and the sidewalks are barely wide enough for even one person. And they are high, often almost 12" above the street level!

Three years ago I did see a Seg there, belonged to a tourist who had a disabilty, and she had just arrived the day before. She said she was not having any particular problems, and I would have loved talking with her for more than just the few minutes I did.

Anyway, what areas would use organize a tour in? As you develop your business I'm sure you will make this sort of information available on line.

Best of luck, and I envy you living there.

Jim Ross

ToursSMA
09-05-2008, 12:52 PM
San Miguel really is a beautiful place. My Dad had a hotel company and my favorite property that they had was in San Miguel, so as soon as I graduated I moved out here. I am working on getting a permit from the head of traffic safety, and I'm taking him on our tour route on Sunday. The Segways can not fit on the sidewalks so we will be using them in the street. We're using the Segways with cross-terrain tires for the cobble streets, but the area we are going in doesn't really have as many cobblestones as the rest of San Miguel. If you want to check out my route look at my website at segwaymexico.com I have the tour route and all the points are where we are stopping so we can get up on a spacious sidewalk (probably the only ones in San Miguel) and talk about the historic parts of the towns. Check it out and let me know what you think!