PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Switzerland

srzbae
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
I live in Zurich, Switzerland

Though I do not own a Segway, I will get to use an I2 for free for 5 weeks: the ETH (Technical University in Zurich) is doing a study about the use of Segways as a means of transportation in cities.
They asked the company I work for to provide 30 employees who will commit themselves to test a Segway for commuting to work and back from September 1st to October 6.
It all starts next Thursday afternoon with a 3 1/2 hour training session.

By the way, in Switzerland, the Segway has to be equipped with a Swiss Road Kit comprising lights (powered by a small battery) and a licence plate holder. They have to be licenced in the small motorcycle category and require the corresponding driver's licence (cat A1 in Europe). They are also limited do 15 km/h.

mark1qhorsey
08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Good luck with your study. There has been one similar
study done in Quebec, Canada (see Segway's web site
for a citation). Otherwise, how is the ETH going to
limit their test PTs to 9.36 mph? :rolleyes:
Can the PT be down-rated in that way?
My own feeling is that 20.11 kph is pretty nice but
still too slow. :)

I live in Zurich, Switzerland

Though I do not own a Segway, I will get to use an I2 for free for 5 weeks: the ETH (Technical University in Zurich) is doing a study about the use of Segways as a means of transportation in cities.
They asked the company I work for to provide 30 employees who will commit themselves to test a Segway for commuting to work and back from September 1st to October 6.
It all starts next Thursday afternoon with a 3 1/2 hour training session.

By the way, in Switzerland, the Segway has to be equipped with a Swiss Road Kit comprising lights (powered by a small battery) and a licence plate holder. They have to be licenced in the small motorcycle category and require the corresponding driver's licence (cat A1 in Europe). They are also limited do 15 km/h.

srzbae
08-27-2008, 12:38 PM
"Otherwise, how is the ETH going to
limit their test PTs to 9.36 mph?"

Well it's easy: this is a function of the Swiss Road Kit :mad:

srzbae
09-07-2008, 02:39 PM
The implementation of the speed limit is NOT a function of the Swiss Road Kit:
Speed 2 (Normal) is set to 15 km/h via Infokey before delivery.

cadavev
09-08-2008, 02:41 PM
wow thats fantastic should be interesting. Enjoy it.

srzbae
09-24-2008, 04:50 PM
And the best news is: we can buy the Seg at the end of the study for 35% off :D

Bob.Kerns
09-25-2008, 01:58 AM
And the best news is: we can buy the Seg at the end of the study for 35% off :D

Wonderful!

If you could let us know about any papers that get written from the study, I'm sure many of us would appreciate it.

greenmoove
11-10-2008, 03:34 PM

Hello,

Do you think that the speed can then be bypassed by using another key ? if not what is the solution to do it ?

Thanks and have nice glides.

S.

srzbae
11-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Hello,

Do you think that the speed can then be bypassed by using another key ? if not what is the solution to do it ?

Thanks and have nice glides.

S.

You can change it on the Infokey (which of course I did). And the second Infokey came with the standard settings. :)

R.

C3RS
11-12-2008, 12:57 PM

:D like this... :cool:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6kwt2_segway-i2-infokey-autoshutdown-spee_tech

KSagal
11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
You can change it on the Infokey (which of course I did). And the second Infokey came with the standard settings. :)

R.

How did the study go?

greenmoove
11-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks, that is what I wondered. Is the segway sold with 1 or 2 infokeys ?

How to get a new one if you loose/break it ?, your seller can get a new one if you proove you bought it from him ? How much is it ?

Thanks a lot for your info !

Bob.Kerns
11-26-2008, 04:33 AM
It comes with two. You can get replacements. You don't have to prove you bought it from your dealer, just that you're the owner. Segway, Inc has a registry.

I don't know the price. I haven't lost either of mine yet, though I've scared myself a few times.