PDA

View Full Version : Not starting?

lammas
08-19-2008, 07:36 AM
So I have both segways i2 and x2.But they have been in garage for a lot time and I thought to go have ride.I charged both of them, changed infokey batteries.Then I went to the garage and taped power button.Nothing it shows me on infokey's screen only Y (signal) without (( )).And only I can watch is time , date and mph.

It is confusing text but thats how it is.

~ lammas .

C3RS
08-19-2008, 08:46 AM
remove completly the 2 batteries and try to plug ...then, start infokey. If error is displayed, your batteries is ... dead ? :(

have you an green light when it load ?
have you hold ten second, the power button of Infokey ?
have you unplug power cord when you have hit the power button ?
have you always plug the power cord ?
how many is " lot time" ?

axxess
11-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Im in the same boat and dont get a green light when powering on. I have taken out the power cord, and i have held the power key for 10 secs. However i cleaned the sensors with a cue tip and water. After wiping it dry, The Bugger turned on. I was on it for 3 minutes and then i got the horrible going too shut down sound and it went back to having nothing on the info key but the time, mph, etc. and no signal.

jgbackes
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
axxess, what kind of segway, what kind of batteries. If you were able to get it to start once, you might try another 12 hours of charging.

Li-ion batteries do not like being unplugged for extended periods of time. If any one cell in the pack's voltage gets too low, the entire battery is considered dead by the battery controller. If this is the case you can purchase new two new batteries or read some of the threads about rejuvenation.

Dr Marty in California has a good setup for fixing this kind of dead batteries.

2Mille
11-22-2008, 11:07 AM
So I have both segways i2 and x2.But they have been in garage for a lot time and I thought to go have ride.I charged both of them, changed infokey batteries.Then I went to the garage and taped power button.Nothing it shows me on infokey's screen only Y (signal) without (( )).And only I can watch is time , date and mph.
It is confusing text but thats how it is.
~ lammas .
Before you do ANYTHING please check with your dealer and provide your serial numbers.
You may have an issue called "cold start" which is caused by the radio board on your PT. Radio board is the electronic piece in your power supply that transmits info to the infokey. Some iterations of the radio board may cause you do get bad readings. To test, try starting with the units plugged (for at thest 10 seconds leave it plugged in before start) and then remove the power cord and see what happens.
Try to establish your root cause(s) first.
Hope this helps.

slide4less
11-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Call Segway of Oakland 510 832-2429 or cell 510 414-8429 thanks steve steinberg