PDA

View Full Version : Chicago burbs Segwayers??

radonron
08-16-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm getting an i2 so help me God! It was a life-changing experience riding the Seg in DC, akin to having super powers!

Anyhoo, looking for other enthusiasts in Chicagoland.

Ron

Sal
08-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Welcome to SC, Ron!

You'll find there are many from the Chi-Town area! I am sure they'll comment.

-Sal

fathertime
08-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi Ron-
Yes, there are many enthusiasts in the Chicagoland area and we will be gathering them in the next few weeks for a group glide. Keep an eye on SC for the announcement. Meanwhile stop in and visit our dealership. We are on La Grange Rd. just 150ft south of 47th street in the Village of La Grange. We are in the shop Tuesday thru Saturday 10am til 5pm.:):D:):D

4rmgt
08-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Ron,

Hey didn't the Belushi family begin in Wheaton?

Welcome to SC.

I am in Wrigleyville, and to be honest, haven't used my Seg as much as I should have this year. I look forward to meeting local folks to help get me out and gliding!

pam
08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
The very first SegwayFesT was in Chi-town, and we were joined on some of our group glides by various members of the police department on their machines! That was back in 2003. I'm sure you'll find a good group to "play" with. Stay in touch with Fathertime!
pam

wizard
08-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Hello Ron Welcome to the forum, I purchased my segway about a week ago, and have already over 30 miles on it and having a ball, i am also in chicago if you ever want to get together and go gliding let me know.

tatloon
08-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi Ron,
just picked my I2, and looking to ride in the burbs

fathertime
09-16-2008, 06:04 PM
We finally have a date for the Chicago Area Glide. It's Sunday the 28th of September. We will meet at Grumpy's Ice Cream Emporium (1 Riverside Rd., kitty corner from the train station) in Riverside, Illinois at 2pm for a glide through the historic Village that was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted in 1868. Please let us know if you are coming so that we can get a final count! It looks to be a fun day and a great chance to meet other local area gliders!:D:):D:):D

tatloon
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
We finally have a date for the Chicago Area Glide. It's Sunday the 28th of September. We will meet at Grumpy's Ice Cream Emporium (1 Riverside Rd., kitty corner from the train station) in Riverside, Illinois at 2pm for a glide through the historic Village that was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted in 1868. Please let us know if you are coming so that we can get a final count! It looks to be a fun day and a great chance to meet other local area gliders!:D:):D:):D

I am hoping to make it!

4rmgt
09-19-2008, 10:00 AM
I have it on my Calendar as of now..