PDA

View Full Version : 2 new gliders in the Raleigh area

AGauger
08-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Good evening. I'm Aaron. My wife April and I recently moved to the Raleigh area from Seattle. One of the first things we did was take a tour of downtown Raleigh courtesy of Triangle Segway. We enjoyed the tour so much that we came back 10 days later and bought a pair of i2s. We love them! On a few occasions we’ve taken them downtown and glided around to some of the sites we first saw on the tour. It’s a great way to get around town especially in the summer heat. The wind helps keep you cool and we certainly don’t build up a sweat gliding like we would walking.
Todd and Sandy, the Triangle Segway owners, have become wonderful friends of ours. On many occasions, I’ve come back to assist them with their tours. It’s given me a chance to meet new people, see the sights, and log many hours on my new baby.
The Segway has allowed us to really feel apart of the community we moved to. We find ourselves talking to perfect strangers all the time while gliding. Not really sure if it’s because of the fact that we stick out like a sore thumb or simply the southern hospitality but either way, no complaints.
I so enjoy being apart of the Segway community and look forward to making many more friends on this forum.
(Don’t tell anyone but I’ve been following this forum for over a month and have only now gotten around to introducing myself- oh the guilt.)
http://gaugerfamily.com/temp/AA_on_Segways.jpg

pam
08-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome!!!! I spent a couple of months in Durham, so I know the area, somewhat. More Durham and Chapel Hill, but Raleigh is pretty nifty, too. It's a great place to glide. Todd and Sandy are super people. You two will love your pts.
Pam

SegSailor
08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Welcome from the neighboring state of Virginia! Glad that we are adding to the list of gliders in the Mid Atlantic!

Macaholic
08-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Hi Aaron and April!
welcome to the Raleigh seggers...it's been lonely out here:)
I have an X2 I bought last January and glide all over the area. PM/email me and let's join up sometime!
Dave

ddpalmer@bellsouth.net

AGauger
08-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.
Dave, where do you glide? We've been downtown a few times but would like to get away from some of the traffic and congestion of the downtown area sometimes. I've heard about the 'greenways' around Raleigh. Are any of these appropriate for Segway use?
Thanks,
~Aaron

Macaholic
08-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.
Dave, where do you glide? We've been downtown a few times but would like to get away from some of the traffic and congestion of the downtown area sometimes. I've heard about the 'greenways' around Raleigh. Are any of these appropriate for Segway use?
Thanks,
~Aaron

Hi,
the greenways are perfect! just need to plan the route to keep from going too far:)

My office is right next to Umstead which has really nice gravel trails. I have a map with loops marked to keep it under 12 miles.

Call me and we can go check it out sometime.
Dave
510-9000

cadavev
08-15-2008, 12:55 PM
WELCOME Enjoy the Glide!