PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Charlotte NC

rvparker
07-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Hello. I'm in the process of buying an i2 via eBay. I've won the auction and I'm waiting to hear from the owner. Does anyone have any tips as to what type of information, other than an invoice, to obtain from the owner to certify transfer of title from him to me? I'm thinking of what I might need in the future if I lost the infokey and needed to replace it.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to closing the deal and riding very soon.

BarryT
07-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Well, you simply must be careful, first and foremost. I personally would never buy anything without seeing it, trying it, and verifying it's the real deal, but that's me.

Ask the seller, at a minimum, for the serial number in order to verify the machine is really valid. I believe (I may be wrong) that only segway inc can verify the serial numbers. Any excuses and something's REALLY wrong. Caveat Emptor.

Other than that, welcome to the chat board!! When you do try a segway, and decide you like it, you will definitely be in really good company!

Have fun!

Hello. I'm in the process of buying an i2 via eBay. I've won the auction and I'm waiting to hear from the owner. Does anyone have any tips as to what type of information, other than an invoice, to obtain from the owner to certify transfer of title from him to me? I'm thinking of what I might need in the future if I lost the infokey and needed to replace it.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to closing the deal and riding very soon.

bentbiker
07-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Ask the seller, at a minimum, for the serial number in order to verify the machine is really valid. I believe (I may be wrong) that only segway inc can verify the serial numbers. Any excuses and something's REALLY wrong.
Barry is right. I'm betting 50% of the Segway listings on eBay have been scams. You need Segway to verify that the Segway is registered to the individual you are buying from, and therefore it is not stolen. In addition, you can ask whether I'm correct that the easiest way to get the registration changed over to you is to have the seller change it.