PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Stockton, CA

mwebb4439
07-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi. My husband and I started with a pair of i167's in May and have recently upgraded to two new i2's. We started our love of Segways while on vacation in New Orleans in March where we took a tour--and we were hooked. We enjoy riding just about every evening after work. We plan on gliding for many, many years to come.:):)

NotQuiteCode3
07-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi! An evening glide sounds so nice! Do you glide in your own neighborhood, or do you go on adventures?

Lynn

Bill Seright
07-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Hi. My husband and I started with a pair of i167's in May and have recently upgraded to two new i2's.

Welcome! We used to live in the Northern California Bay Area. My spouse for about 18 years me all my life. Livermore was the longest length of time but also Hayward, Oakland and San Jose. One of our best friends still lives in Folsom. Not the prison but the town.

Thanks,

Bill S.

Sleepy
07-26-2008, 01:02 AM
If you don't know about us already, check out www.bayareaseg.com
We haven't been too active outside of Segway polo recently. But you might want to join our yahoogroup to keep up with local Segway-related activities.
If you'd like to join our newsgroup, please email me at bayareaseg@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invitation to join!
We'll probably have an early morning glide through the SF Zoo sometime this fall.

-Alex

mwebb4439
07-29-2008, 02:53 AM
We decide when we get home from work if we want to cook in or eat out. Either way, it requires a 'glide' on our Segways to either the grocery store or one of the fast food places within 1.5 to 2 miles from our house. It's such a great way to unwind after work. And we meet so many people enroute that honk, wave, yell questions out their car windows, etc. It's really a lot of fun in so many respects. You can't ride a Segway with a frown on your face--you have to enjoy the bugs in your teeth!

LibertySegway
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Hello and welcome. Don't want to step on any toes but we have a somewhat closer albeit smaller group up in Sac. We are also mostly into polo right now and play regularly with the Bay Area teams. Feel free to join us anytime. We practice (nearly) every saturday at 9am at Camden Park in Elk Grove and do occasional group glides as well.

www.SacSeg.com

Feel free to drop us a line. Hope to see you soon! :D

BarryT
07-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Heya!!!! welcome aboard mwebb4439. I see you already have found ways to use your segways. Some of the absolute best glides I have ever had occur in the late afternoon near sunset......like a simon & garfunkel song. If you ever find yourself near Orange County or Huntington Beach, California, just gimme shout. There are some really georgous areas 'round here too.