PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone from chicago

wizard
07-18-2008, 02:40 PM
I am new to the forum, just trying to get all the input i can on the I2's before i purchase one. they sure seem to be the one that everyone likes, but its very hard to find a pre-owned one in chicago. by the way has anyone glided one on the lake front?

pam
07-18-2008, 03:39 PM
You might check a really great dealer that is in LaGrange. He's a member of the chat (as fathertime) and has been since early on.

Jim Reynolds
Segway of Chicago
515 S. LaGrange Rd.
LaGrange, Il. 60525
(708) 352-1685

In fact, he (and his lovely wife Chandra, with the help of a couple of other Chi-town members, Brooster, Xman, and Glidemaster) put on the first SegFest in Chicago - which is where I glided on the lakefront.

I think Jim's manager is a guy named Mike. I can recommend Jim for integrity, for sure. Dealers get in used units every now and then.

fathertime
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words.:D:):D
Like many of the other dealerships we are selling units like hotcakes and corporate is trying to keep pace. Most of the used units we get are Gen 1 but every once and a while we get a gently used i2. The prices of these units however have not come down much due to the very high demand. We would be happy to put you on our "want list" should one become available. Just call during business hours and give us your information.

4rmgt
07-19-2008, 04:59 PM
I purchased an i2 unit from Jim just over a year ago. I have hit the lakefront many times. I was cruising the lakefront yesterday (Friday) and passed 2 tour groups. I ran into one by Lincoln Park zoo just south of the lagoon, and another just north of Navy Pier. I guess a rental company has set up a stand right out front of Navy Pier by the fountain. I didn't stop in to inquire but I saw the tent.

I wouldn't hesitate for price to buy an i2. Once you get one, you will be kicking yourself for not snagging one sooner.