PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Blacksburg, Virginia

pierce
07-18-2008, 09:41 AM
My new Segway is on order, but hasn't arrived yet. Plan to use it strictly for fun, no commuting, shopping or anything else useful.
Rode one on a tour in New Orleans and became hooked immediately!
Look forward to getting useful info from this chat site.
My machine is a new i2 in white. Info and recommendations on a handlebar bag would be much appreciated. Thanks,;
Pierce

wwhopper
07-18-2008, 01:18 PM
They are opening up a Segway dealership west of Charlottsville very soon.

Congrats, you will really enjoy the Segway lifestyle.

segsurfer
07-18-2008, 02:26 PM
My new Segway is on order, but hasn't arrived yet. Plan to use it strictly for fun, no commuting, shopping or anything else useful.
Rode one on a tour in New Orleans and became hooked immediately!
Look forward to getting useful info from this chat site.
My machine is a new i2 in white. Info and recommendations on a handlebar bag would be much appreciated. Thanks,;
Pierce

If you need any accessories, maintenance, or anything else regarding your segway, please don't hesitate to contact me or Segsailor.
For more info on our store, check out www.seg-ville.com
As for a handlebar bag, see this thread:http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=18241
-segsurfer

SegSailor
07-18-2008, 02:34 PM
The brick & mortar are still coming together (literally), but we are up and open for business right now by appointment! We would be happy to help you with a handlebar bag purchase. You want that in UVA colors, right? (Juuust kidding!):D

tcdev
07-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Pierce

Hah - famous last words! :)

I said the same when purchasing my motorbike - it was strictly to ride to/from work because it saved a 15 minute walk to/from the car each morning/afternoon as I could park it in the building. Not to mention the savings on fuel and bypassing a lot of gridlock on the way.

Well, for the ensuing 3 years that I owned a bike, I was on it every minute I had an excuse to!!! So much so, that when my car was stolen and burnt out, I didn't bother replacing it until my bike was written off in an accident (I escaped with very minor injuries).

I tried the same argument for getting a Segway, but the wife is having none of it. :( She did concede to me *building* my own though... hmmm, that's given me a thought. Any dealers willing to sell me a Gen1 piece-by-piece over the next 12 months? :D

BarryT
07-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Hey pierce, welcome to the board! You definitely will find reasons to stay on your seg, as most of us do. Here's to happy gliding!