PDA

View Full Version : The only one in Veneta

gunwrench
07-12-2008, 12:57 PM
New to forums and the term "glider". It fits. After working my entire life, a spinal cord injury left me unable to stand or walk very long or far. It also kept me from the home chores that need attention. My thoughts began drifting down a dark path. Although I will wind up in a wheel-chair, it won't happen TODAY. This thing has literally saved my life. I will never again have a "normal" life, but the Segway has made it a lot more tolerable!

bentbiker
07-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Gunwrench,
Welcome. I'm confused, as your profile says you are not an owner. Have you acquired a Segway AFTER you filled out your profile?

BarryT
07-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey gunwrench, welcome aboard. I'm so glad that you found the segway saved your life. I would consider it a lifesaver for me as well, and it helps that I just love the darn thing. This could bring a smile to Scrooge, and makes Gumby look like an amateur :)

Nelda
07-12-2008, 03:27 PM
This weekend, right now is Oregon Country Faire in Veneta! Go! We went on our segways and had a ball. You will have more fun than you can shake a stick at with your new segway and so glad Rick could help you.

Nelda

Suzined
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Welcome aboard, gunwrench! Segways have changed so many lives in so many ways. Wait till you go Christmas shopping in a mall! I hadn't been to one in at least a decade--sort of like getting an unexpected banana split on a hot day. Watch out for Nelda, she's a delightful red-headed dynamo.