PDA

View Full Version : Im new here......

rdr4evr69
07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
So I just got the Bug, and think I need a Segway... So I thought I would sign up here and take a look around!!! Just wanted to say Hi!!!
AND dang these things sell for a lot used!!! Im still in a little sticker shock on pricing... Love the x2 i believe with the off road tires!! Dont know what other models have the meaty tires, but I like um!!!
Selling a Blata Pocket bike to finance part of a segway, hope to get one soon!!!
Rdr......

Suzined
07-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Check out a number of the forums--we've had quite a number of discussions regarding which model works best in which circumstances. The fat-face looks great but for running around town, shopping at a mall, going to the Post Office, the smaller and lighter i2 seems to work best. Check out the other threads. Welcome aboard!

wwhopper
07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
So hook up with them and get their feelings on what will work for you.

Come to SegwayFesT in Indiana in August, you will find lots of information there as well.

KSagal
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I am not familiar with a Blata, but pocket bikes in general are street machines. The X2 is more of a woods or off road item.

You may want to consider an i2, it has much more range and can run on the street or sidewalk easier than an X2.

At some point, you may want to consider a more aggressive tire for the i2. Kind of like snow tires for your car, instead of big mud tires for your 4 by 4.

DarthSegVator
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
The fat-face looks great but for running around town, shopping at a mall, going to the Post Office, the smaller and lighter i2 seems to work best.

"The fat-face"?

Great response for someone that is new.

Suzined
07-08-2008, 12:37 AM
An A-1 Skyraider came in a single seat (H model like my avatar) and as a two seater (E model) with the pilots sitting side by side. Since the head-on view of the two seater was noticeably wider, it was called a fat-face. The front view of the x2 is also wider, so its a fat-face to me. But what to call the rest of the fleet?

rdr4evr69
07-08-2008, 09:13 AM
The Blata was jsut a toy to play with...has nothing to do with wanting or getting a Segway... People race the little bikes like this one in CA and some other states, I just bought it on a whim for a little fun... It stands like 13 inches high and goes about 45 with me, 185LBS, on it....
Fat-face...Ha... I knew what you meant...
Does the i2 go through grass OK or no???
Rdr....

Roland
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Welcome!

I have both an i2 and an x2. The i2 is my favorite as it is more "nimble" due to its size and the lower rolling resistance of the tires. The x2 is my wife's favorite due to the softer ride due to the big tires. That said, an i2 has no problem on grass or gravel - just gotta' be attentive (as you would with a bicycle). The x2 big tires pay off when the ground gets really soft (ex: soft sand or soft/wet mud). Wet grass is more problematic for the i2, but not insurmountable. If I could only have 1, it would be the i2 as it will fit pretty much everywhere (the x2 won't go through some doors and is cumbersome on crowded sidewalks). Plus, the i2 has greater range on a single charge.

I currently commute 16 miles/day on my i2.

rdr4evr69
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
thanks for the info Roland... good vantage point.... Ya I need one!!! Lookin like the i2 now....hmmmm...