PDA

View Full Version : Greetings - Dalton, GA

jcargal
07-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Hello, I just wanted to make initial contact here before moving on to other parts of the forum. My name is Joe, my real last name is Cargal (I used to have my last name on my license plate for my car - people always asked why I didn't have "carGUY" :rolleyes: ), and I'm the only fellow locally who rides a Segway back and forth to work. I have a great commute, about 2 miles one way and it takes me past huge lush green fields and cool water fountains. I commute in the cool of the morning and the lower temps of the evening. So far, I've encountered only positive people regarding the Segway, although I've noticed that may be an anomaly...many people get frustrated at the sight of Segways for some reason. Perhaps in this age of soaring energy costs the Segway has finally found its niche.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to several future discussions. :D

mark1qhorsey
07-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Good idea to commute early and home later, to avoid the real frustration - cars & drivers in rush hours. Glide with fun!

Sal
07-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Hello, I just wanted to make initial contact here before moving on to other parts of the forum. My name is Joe, my real last name is Cargal (I used to have my last name on my license plate for my car - people always asked why I didn't have "carGUY" :rolleyes: ), and I'm the only fellow locally who rides a Segway back and forth to work. I have a great commute, about 2 miles one way and it takes me past huge lush green fields and cool water fountains. I commute in the cool of the morning and the lower temps of the evening. So far, I've encountered only positive people regarding the Segway, although I've noticed that may be an anomaly...many people get frustrated at the sight of Segways for some reason. Perhaps in this age of soaring energy costs the Segway has finally found its niche.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to several future discussions. :D

Welcome to SC!!! :D

Cargal, please share your experiences as a new glider, especially when the Segway is not so "strange" anymore.

Are you gonna make it up to FesT up in Indianapolis?

It's a great way to break your new machine in!

-Sal

jcargal
07-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Will do! Things are certainly still new and interesting right now.

Indianapolis would be quite a ways away at this point, but I'm certainly looking forward to the one in Atlanta. Thanks for the invite just the same :) I know you guys will have a blast in Indy.