PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Seal Beach CA

geckomama
06-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Hubby & I did a test run out of Long Beach Segway and had such a blast we purchased two i2's the very next day! Think we have glided close to 70 miles in the past 3 days...my main prob is my aching heels & arches on my feet. YIKES! Any tips? Hope this is just one of those "learning a new trick" pains & will lessen with time & mileage. Happy glidin'!

bentbiker
06-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Hubby & I did a test run out of Long Beach Segway and had such a blast we purchased two i2's the very next day! Think we have glided close to 70 miles in the past 3 days...my main prob is my aching heels & arches on my feet. YIKES! Any tips? Hope this is just one of those "learning a new trick" pains & will lessen with time & mileage. Happy glidin'!
Do you have the comfort mats (optional). If not, you should get them. Also, you will learn tricks of pumping blood to your feet by shifting weight.

quade
06-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Every time you come to a stop pick your feet up and give them a shake. I swear that if you do this one at a time it's way better than if you try to do them both at the same time. Do it whether your feet are tingly or not since it keeps them from getting that way in the first place.

Also, if you're on a LONG stretch of path without any stops, then you can lift one set of toes, then the other, then alternating heals, always keeping three points of your feet in contact with the mat. Wiggle your toes frequently.

geckomama
06-28-2008, 11:30 PM
I put your tips into use on today's glide. Did my toe stretches + heel lifts & even threw in the occasional left foot shaky-shake & right foot shaky-shake. WOW! Didn't feel the OUCH until about Mile 12, so gotta say my feet held up much better today. Appreciate the suggestions. Happy glidin'!

PeteInLongBeach
06-30-2008, 02:13 AM
At the suggestion of someone here, I bought some Crocks sandels. Very comfortable for long glides!

BarryT
07-01-2008, 07:56 PM

Hi there, this is Barry in Huntington Beach. I've got an i180 that I've been using for over 2 years, and I've got feet issues....plantar fascitis, so I can relate. I have found that building up to longer glides (ESPECIALLY) with feet issues is SMART. Being no previous feet issues doing what the other are suggesting is the best course...and a comfort mat. I also have tried the crocs. I got the knock off's at Target for 8 bucks. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE in comfort! There is also a local gliding club in OC and we go all over it's in the yahoo groups here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/segoc/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=10

SEGOC is their name. Nicest people you'd ever wanna meet. Hope to see you soon one way or another!

BarryT