PDA

View Full Version : King of Balance sighted.

GlideMaster
10-17-2002, 09:50 PM
17 October 2002, 7:45pm
I was just watching Techtv and saw the King of Balance at a Segway protest in San Francisco. A little old lady gave the King a piece of her mind and very loudly stated "and that's why we don't want the Segways on the sidewalk." The protesters had picket signs and all.[V]
weskifm

Blinky
10-19-2002, 04:33 AM
You know, I have that channel and tried to catch that for a couple of days now. I can't find it. Although it does sound quite amusing. But, I think a Segway (for the old people who can afford it and who are not wheelchair stricken) would be great for them. I once saw an old man walk down my block and it took him at least ten min. to walk it (1 and half for me).

This guy could have 8 min. of his life back... :)

GlideMaster
10-19-2002, 05:31 AM
He still would need the reflexes and agility to make sudden corrections when necessary.

quote:Originally posted by Blinky

You know, I have that channel and tried to catch that for a couple of days now. I can't find it. Although it does sound quite amusing. But, I think a Segway (for the old people who can afford it and who are not wheelchair stricken) would be great for them. I once saw an old man walk down my block and it took him at least ten min. to walk it (1 and half for me).

This guy could have 8 min. of his life back... :)

Blinky
10-19-2002, 01:11 PM
True, they could maybe come out with the Segway (silver) edition :) Besides, most can drive, you think it is alot more to driving a Segway-HT than a car?