PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Old Forge PA

WantASeg
06-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Well my user name says it all. I've got to get one.

Hello everybody, been reading the forum for a few week and finally registered. A lot of great info here.

Here is our story...

My wife and I took a Segway tour in Chicago several weeks ago (Steve's Segway Tours) and neither one of us can stop talking about the great time we had and how impressed we are with the technology of the Segway. As far as I can tell there are none here in the Scranton Area. Found a dealer about 80 miles south of here so need to get there and negotiate a deal on two i2's. My wife loves the new sage green color!

We've decided this year to cut back on driving because of the gas prices and were looking for a good way to commute to work without the car. She has a 4 mile commute and I have a 5.2 mile commute. We both feel the i2 will be perfect.

Anyway...thanks ahead of time for the abundance of information.

Hope to be gliding soon...Bernie

Suzined
06-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Welcome aboard! Part of the fun is sharing experiences, asking questions, and in general hanging around on SegwayChat. I'm sending you a Private Message--just click on the Private Message in the upper right hand corner when "Unread 1" shows up. Click on "My Account" in the blue ribbon above and play with adding information like where you're from (so it shows immediately). This is a great help in others giving you information. Battery tips for Anchorage are usually somewhat different than for Dallas. You're going to love your own Segways.

robochick84
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I grew up in Northeast PA, graduated from Penn State, and moved down to the Greater Delaware Valley Area just over two years ago.

You'll have a great time in the area with your segs, and you will learn to adapt to the battery life on the hills. It is one of my most favorite areas to glide.

mark1qhorsey
06-24-2008, 06:01 PM
You might consider an x2, which can be glided in bike lanes and some sidewalks - it has a very good range with 6-8 lb tire inflation. Then, you get off road capabilities as well...