PDA

View Full Version : Help me disassemble i170 PLEASE!

jsosborn
06-07-2008, 05:56 PM
My unit got caught in the rain, water is pouring out of the control shaft clamp bolt hole, and we're leaving for NYC for a week first thing in the morning, so I REALLY, REALLY want to take it apart to dry.

I removed the control shaft clamp bolt, but the handlebar assembly won't budge. I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks

Jeff

jgbackes
06-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Been there, done that...

Segway Social Link on Recovering from a water event (http://social.segway.com/mediawiki/index.php/Recovering_From_a_Water_Event)

I wrote this up a few months ago, let me know if you need any more information.

jeff

My unit got caught in the rain, water is pouring out of the control shaft clamp bolt hole, and we're leaving for NYC for a week first thing in the morning, so I REALLY, REALLY want to take it apart to dry.

I removed the control shaft clamp bolt, but the handlebar assembly won't budge. I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks

Jeff

MagiMike
06-08-2008, 11:44 AM
I removed the control shaft clamp bolt, but the handlebar assembly won't budge. I'd really appreciate some suggestions.Jeff

Try twisting the handlebars in a sterring a bicycle sort of motion while pulling up. The control shaft should lift up from the CSB at the base about three inches and come out. Then disconnect the two wires and it should be free to work on.

jgbackes
06-09-2008, 12:41 AM
I updated the Wiki to better explain how to remove the control shaft