PDA

View Full Version : Potential Buyer From New York City

lilnyc
05-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi All,

I live in NYC -- the HEART of Manhattan.

R.I.P. Xootr EX3[xx(]
In 2000, I bought a Xootr EX3. It was the BEST way to get around. Unfortunately, it's discontinued, my batteries are dead and further investments won't guarantee that other parts won't fail.

Considering a Segway
The Segway is the ONLY comparable alternative to my EX3.

Fears: NYC regulations; where could I ride it without drawing the attention of people who oppose, law enforcement and/or thieves?

Need: Independent, effortless, short-range city maneuverability. I want to zip to work when running late and walking won't do or head to the gym knowing I can zip home faster than walking 20 blocks. Plus Sometimes I cannot hail a cab after shopping.

My Purpose on SegwayChat
I am here seeking New York City riders to advise me. I have also reached out to NYSegwayTours. I occasionally see local riders, but they are zooming by or are part of an ad campaign.

At $6,000 + (tax, accessories), I want to have a detailed chat about alternative vehicle options.

estephanovich
06-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your dead EX3. Have you tried finding a place that will build replacement batteries for your ex3? I found a place here in California that was able to build a new set of batteries for me, for about $140. I sent them my dead battery, they used components from the dead set, and completely rebuilt it! I don't remember what the name of the company was, but I am creating a blog dedicated to the ex3 www.xootrex3.com, and as soon as I find either the company that I went through, or another company that provides the same service I will post it on my blog.

JBeattie
07-03-2008, 10:55 PM
any update on your situation