PDA

View Full Version : I admit it.. I drank the koolaid

Eric
05-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Hello all!
I am new to the community although I've 'browsed' through on several occasions.
While I've just recently become official here although I've played with the Segway product for awhile now.

I originally loved the Segway so much that I began a tour business last year and had great fun with that and continue to do so. But no that just wasn't enough was it. I tend to live by the creed "Go Big or Go Home" theory and that's just what I've done with the Segway. So the next obvious step was to get into sales and become a dealer. So whether you luv 'em or hate 'em.. now I am one! I'm very busy and having a great experience in that world.

Why now? Well folks, I've been working hard for 24 years as an air traffic controller and I'm ready to retire. Plain and simple. I love Segways and it seemed like a perfect transition into something I crave and enjoy and still find fascinating even though I "understand" the Segway now.

I don't expect that feeling to fade much as time goes on either. I tend to obsess over my passions and that has proven true with Segway as well.
Many of you already know Mr. Ford of Texas Segway. I won't go into the details of this transition but if you call the store now you'll probably be talking to me instead of David.

I plan to continue to become more acquainted with the site here as time goes on and check in as I am able. Although probably not as much as I'd like to as my free time is very limited these days.

I've really enjoyed the fantastic ideas everyone here has submitted. You have a valuable site here for Segway owners and enthusiasts. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

bentbiker
05-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Many of you already know Mr. Ford of Texas Segway. I won't go into the details of this transition but if you call the store now you'll probably be talking to me instead of David.
Welcome Eric,

I noticed the signature block and wondered what was going on. Is David no longer with the company? I ask because David provided some very good information to this community and we miss his posts. His tire changing tutorial was a great contribution.

Eric
05-25-2008, 01:39 AM
David is still around occasionally. I'm sure he will be heard from here in the future.
But for now he is spending time with his family.

SEGsby
05-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Welcome Eric. :)

SEGsby

wwhopper
05-27-2008, 08:42 AM
With us Eric, it is always good to have supporting dealers and tour operators on this site, it gives readers a great deal of depth and a Segway knowlegde base that is unequalled anywhere else.

Eric
05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys!