PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Bluegrass State

Seglee
05-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Good Morning! I thought I would introduce myself.

I am a Segway admirer, with intentions of making a purchase soon. I have not used one as of yet, but that should hopefully be changed soon.

Like many on this site, my primary reason for purchase is mobility issues (prior leg injuries), but I am thrilled with the idea of a cheaper form of transportation. Unfortunately, for me, that will never be an issue, unless I move. I am 30 miles from work, and 65 miles from the beautiful city of Lexington, KY. But I do think it's a great idea with gas nearly $4.00 a gallon.

:D

mark1qhorsey
05-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi Bluegrass,

Although the PT won't get you 30 miles, perhaps taking it along would help you with mobility at your work site? Anything to enjoy mobility and lunch / breaks would be a plus in anyone's life! Glide for it!:rolleyes:

cadavev
05-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Once you try one you'll love it you will never want to get off it!. I hope you enjoy your glide when you get one. They are a blast

Suzined
06-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Seglee, you will fall in love with this piece of junk. I hemmed and hawed, intellectualized, wrote up pro/con lists, all to no particular purpose. Then I arranged for a two hour gliding tour. After the tour the only issue was how would I pay for it. I've had my i180 for eighteen months and you'd have to fight me to get it away from me.

It has restored my independence...in fact it's enhanced my independence beyond what it might have been had I remained physically able. My wife got a Segway just to keep up. The only problem is shopping for big packages. Wife sez I should only shop Nordstrom's jewelry counter anyway.

I recommend a two hour tour. That will give you enough time to really see what it is like, something you can't do in a dealer's parking lot. I have leg/balance problem so I picked an i180 instead of an i2...glad I did. My wife also got an i180. That way if something goes wrong, we can K-ball, swap out, and in general fight over the one that's working.