PDA

View Full Version : New owner in Florida.

Moebius
05-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi to all. I don't actually have my new i2 yet, but it is going to be shipped any day now. Any other Segway owners in Pinellas County, feel free to hit me up.

Moebius
05-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I received my new i2 on Friday! Love everything except the wheel wobble.

cadavev
05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
welcome funny thing i bought my pre owned i2 and i must say it has virtually no wheel wobble at all. the dealer did put new tires on maybe that is what helped.

Moebius
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
I have called the closest dealer to me (nearly 50 miles away) and he said that they have noticed the wheel wobble on new i2s. He said that he has ordered new wheels for people and the new ones came with the same wobble. I called Segway yesterday morning and have yet to receive a call back. I just wanted to know what they suggest I do.

cadavev
05-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I have called the closest dealer to me (nearly 50 miles away) and he said that they have noticed the wheel wobble on new i2s. He said that he has ordered new wheels for people and the new ones came with the same wobble. I called Segway yesterday morning and have yet to receive a call back. I just wanted to know what they suggest I do.

Wow that really sucks i hoope they take good care of you its a shame to see that happen on a new machine.

bentbiker
05-20-2008, 02:18 PM
. . . he said that they have noticed the wheel wobble on new i2s. He said that he has ordered new wheels for people and the new ones came with the same wobble.
That probably means it is the flanges on the output shaft that are bent and not the wheel on the ones they were referencing. Have you swapped the wheels from one side to the other? If the wobble stays on the same side when you do that, it is not the wheel.

Edit: Just saw your other post where you said the wobble followed the swapped wheel. Tell your dealer you want a new unit. This is crazy. BTW, you said you have battled weight issues; are you over 260 lbs?

Moebius
05-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Edit: Just saw your other post where you said the wobble followed the swapped wheel. Tell your dealer you want a new unit. This is crazy. BTW, you said you have battled weight issues; are you over 260 lbs?

When you say new unit, do you mean a whole new i2 or a new wheel?

I am not over 260, around 205. So I don't think weight is the issue. ;-)

bentbiker
05-28-2008, 03:44 AM
When you say new unit, do you mean a whole new i2 or a new wheel?

I am not over 260, around 205. So I don't think weight is the issue. ;-)
I wasn't sure that you weren't Shaq -- he has one down there in FL. I'd tell the dealer I want a unit without wobble -- if a new wheel solves it, great. If not I want a new unit -- no sending back to NH when it is brand new. If they say they don't have a new wheel, you know they have them on new units. I think most dealers on here would have said, "Stop by and I'll swap a new one with you."

Moebius
06-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I wasn't sure that you weren't Shaq -- he has one down there in FL. I'd tell the dealer I want a unit without wobble -- if a new wheel solves it, great. If not I want a new unit -- no sending back to NH when it is brand new. If they say they don't have a new wheel, you know they have them on new units. I think most dealers on here would have said, "Stop by and I'll swap a new one with you."

First off, I didn't buy it from a dealer, just a person who happened to buy a bunch of them from a dealer that went out of business. That's why I have been trying to contact Segway to find out the best course of action.

Even if I had bought it from the closest dealer, I would not even be able to meet them in person. They are 50 miles away and there from 8-5 Monday - Friday ONLY. No weekends. I cannot possibly get down there on a work day.

I have called Segway twice now with no call back. I guess customer service is not high on their priority list.

HizNherz
06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
First off, I didn't buy it from a dealer, just a person who happened to buy a bunch of them from a dealer that went out of business. That's why I have been trying to contact Segway to find out the best course of action.

Even if I had bought it from the closest dealer, I would not even be able to meet them in person. They are 50 miles away and there from 8-5 Monday - Friday ONLY. No weekends. I cannot possibly get down there on a work day.

I have called Segway twice now with no call back. I guess customer service is not high on their priority list.
Chris,

Please give me a call at 352-383-9900. If we don't pick up please leave a message and I will call you right back.

Dave Holzapfel
Segway of Central Florida
352-383-9900

Moebius
06-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Chris,

Please give me a call at 352-383-9900. If we don't pick up please leave a message and I will call you right back.

Dave Holzapfel
Segway of Central Florida
352-383-9900

Thanks Dave, I'll call as soon as I get a chance today.