PDA

View Full Version : New from Vero Beach, Florida -seeks contact <<

VeroFred
04-27-2008, 02:28 PM
hi -
I look forward to owning a Segway- joined to meet experienced owners and 'grow with it' -- I'd like to get my town more 'Segway Aware' and help cause some level of 'critical mass' of thinking about carbon free transportation that way. --please, how might I contact folks in the Central and South Florida areas - I saw the member list pages, but haven't found a way to find folks by locality. -

thanks-
best,
Fred

verogolfer
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I just got back north after spending the winter in Vero with a Segway as my sole means of transport. Did 1200 miles on my Segway in & around Vero.

Vero is already "Segway-friendly", based on my experience. Sidewalks & bike paths are very good, local police are friendly. So is the sidewalk construction crew.

Everywhere I went people seemed to know me; they'd seen me all over town with or without my golf bag, going to the beach, the malls, the golf courses, the restaurants, etc. They'd honk, wave & stop me everywhere for questions & a demo. If you have a Segway already, stop in at Bodega Blue & say hi for me. If you don't have one, stop in anyway, they're friendly people there.

Best of luck -
vbg

bentbiker
04-27-2008, 10:44 PM
--please, how might I contact folks in the Central and South Florida areas - I saw the member list pages, but haven't found a way to find folks by locality. -

Fred,
There a couple maps showing the whereabouts of those people who've chosen to reveal themselves; one is on the blue menu bar above and the other is at the bottom of the homepage of SegwayToday. However, I don't see many icons. I think your best option is to contact Bill_Paxton (in Jupiter) via SegwayChat. He will know of others.