PDA

View Full Version : seg4vets piece on nbc nightly news

segsurfer
04-19-2008, 09:42 PM
<iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/24215941#24215941" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
enjoy
-segsurfer

pam
04-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks, ss. That was a very nice piece, although I agree with Tarkus - too short!! I'm so glad they ran it on the national news.

Pam

wwhopper
04-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Tarkus and I were talking at the ceremony in San Antonio, about when it would run and what it would show.

They called the group Segways 4 Vets, when it is the Segs4Vets Program, at least they mentioned DRAFT.

Interesting for me to see the guy fishing, James Napier, he was one of our harder folks to train as he took it so seriously and was a little unstable all during training, not to mention how much he still needed his wheel chair. So it was great to see how well he is doing on the Segway and how much he seems to be using the machine, he got his Seg last Fall in the DC Ceremony.

Now to see them do a story on some of the burn guys, the guys who have lost arms or both legs, that will be an interesting story to see if it gets told on national TV.