PDA

View Full Version : BookofSeg Videos

JohnG
03-25-2008, 10:35 PM
From Phillip Torrone:

http://www.segwaychat.com/bookofseg/

Neelix
03-26-2008, 03:14 AM
This is a major piece of history, right here, and I'm not sure that some of the new members of our community know it.

I remember being a 14 year old kid, completely enraptured by Phil's videos. I would watch and imagine what it felt like to actually ride one. I would watch and try to memorize every sleek line of the fenders and the swoop of the handlebars. I would watch and drink in all of the details about what it was like to own one, so that I would be prepared for that day when I had mine.

Now, the Segway PT is more of an everyday tool for me than an object of intense fascination. But watching these videos again brought me back to a time when I didn't know what it felt like to be so in-tune with a piece of machinery that it felt like a part of my body, and the excitement and envigoration that that state of anticipation brought.

JohnG
03-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I thought I had put up an announcement when I did this a few months ago, but I couldn't find it, so I must've forgot.

These were the very *first* videos (definitely before YouTube!) of an owner with his Segway. The accompanying website was a great resource and wealth of information at the time (2003-2004).

Phillip has moved on to doing other great things, at MAKE magazine.

John

wnkinc
08-07-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I thought I had put up an announcement when I did this a few months ago, but I couldn't find it, so I must've forgot.

Phillip has moved on to doing other great things, at MAKE magazine.

John

looks like seattle?

JohnM
09-17-2009, 11:08 AM
looks like seattle?
Yes, Seattle.