PDA

View Full Version : Segway of Corvallis (OR)

JohnG
03-25-2008, 01:52 PM
We are proud to be Oregon's FIRST stand alone Segway dealer. The only place in Oregon you can get a demo ride outside, training, and take it home the same day. No waiting for shipping and battery charging. When you leave, the Segway is ready for FUN! Run your errands, go to the park, go to the golf course, go to clubhouse, go to the pool. The Segway helps you get there safely, quickly, and have more fun!

Segway of Corvallis
327 SW 3rd St.
Corvallis, OR 97333
Tel. 541-757-1983

http://www.segwayofcorvallis.com/

BlueNose
03-26-2008, 11:56 PM
...to buy my Segway in Corvalis. (Of course, it helped that my brother lives in Eugene, very close by; I live in Napa, CA.)

Rick manages a health studio while selling and servicing Segways. He's honest as the day is long. Couldn't ask for better service and help. His price beat anthing I found in the San Francisco Bay area so it made sense to visit my bro and pick up my glider. The trip was free.

Rick taught us all how to glide in minutes. He's very patient about asking questions. Since learning I've fallen a few times and collected a bruised ego, but that wasn't Rick's fault. I will say right here that Segways are not entirely safe. If I can stress anything it's that one must be careful and observant. A keen eye on the road is critical, much moreso than driving.
Haven't had any reason to test the service part of Rick dealership. But I did have lots of questions and one funky cold charge question. Rick answered by email promptly and honestly.

I'm just sorry I don't live closer :)

My rating is A+++!! If you've decided on a Segway, Rick's your man.

MJEdelman
04-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I found Segway of Corvallis to be a great dealer. Answered all my questions (email) before I decided to purchase. Visited the dealer and went for a test drive and got more questions answered.

The purchase process was smooth and painless and everything was great!

When I did have a problem with my Segway, which required sending my HT back to INC, Rick provided me with a loaner so that I would not be without my HT!

Rick also did an exellent job keeping me posted as to the status of my repair, and pushed on INC to get the repair completed in a timely manner.

Rick does a great job and I highly recommend Segway of Corvallis.

eelnosaj
07-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Great price (there is a discount equivalent to the free shipping for locals). Free bag and aftermarket kickstand. Didn't try and sell you accessories. I would definitely recommend buying from them.

OregonForester
01-23-2009, 09:39 PM
I bought two X2's from Rick, as well as several accessories, and I recently ordered a SegVator through him.
Rick is not only upstanding, but he is a genuinely nice guy.
I absolutely reccomend him, to anyone.

cadavev
02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
I ordered a set of the color i2 fenders from rick and i have to say he is quick to answer and great guy to deal with cant wait to get my new colored fenders. Thanks rick for being a stand up guy!

ShinyLizard
06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I work in customer service, so know excellent service when I see it. Drove from Seattle to Corvallis to buy from Rick after the good reviews on this site. He and his staff are just amazing. Rick himself is a longtime Segway rider, and passed along tips & tricks when I asked. After dropping my Infokey, he had one ordered for me the next day, this while he was on vacation. If you're anywhere on the west coast and can travel, I can't recommend Segway of Corvallis highly enough.

team222badbrad
08-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Great service and sale!

Rick when out of his way to ship me an in stock x2 rather than wait several weeks longer to receive more units in stock.

Also I had a warranty issue (bent fender frame out of box) fixed in less than a week.

Thanks,

Bradley

Tarkus
08-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Although I have never purchased from Rick I have sent many to see him and they have always gave me a first rate review !

AMAC

team222badbrad
01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Just had another excellent transaction with Rick at Corvallis!

Thanks for the quick shipment of my matts and the extra gift!

Simply Awesome Dealer!

emrnyc
01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Rick helped us out with some hard to find to find parts......
Great service .... Great guy.... Thanks!!!

russ498
01-17-2010, 10:02 AM
I bought my X2 over the phone. I'm on the other side of the country. I ordered at 1:00 his time. My Seg was at Fedx at 4:00. Rick told me what accessories from Segway were good, and which weren't. He was always patient with my million questions. PLUS, he beat everyone else's price by $500 and no shipping or sales tax.

donandrews
01-27-2010, 08:59 PM
I made the mistake of purchasing an i2 off e-bay instead of through a dealer thinking that I could get a better price. It was damaged in shipment and Rick was great in helping me work out repairs, insurance claims, etc. even though he didn't sell it to me. Next time I'll go directly to him.

goldwing_midland_tx
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
This was my first Segway purchase. I talked to Rick and told him what I thought I wanted. He didn't try to persuade me to not pick what I wanted, but told me a couple shortfalls with my choices. We worked it out as to what my choices were and made the order. My 2 segways actually came in a day ealier than what I expected.
I was/am very satisfied.

bruneje
10-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I purchased a used 180 to travel, it was exactly as represented by Rick , works superb , I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to purchase.

BoscoBob
03-03-2012, 10:30 AM
I bought my i2 Commuter from Rick at Segway of Corvalis as an EPAM Device (I am disabled). I had tried the Hoveround (Tank-like weight, slow, horrific range and speed) and a 3-wheel Rascal (Flipped over, and me onto the pavement, on a fast turn). EVERY call was answered promptly and he took a long...long time to make sure that everything would work, perfectly. I just wish the ratings went to "6"!

Duffer
03-04-2012, 05:43 PM
I had an i2 that wasn't being used and put it on consignment with Rick to sell for me. I was very pleased with the transaction and would recommend him whether buying or selling.

russ498
12-15-2017, 03:11 PM
I just purchased my second Segway from Rick. For the second time, he beat everyone else's price by $500. I bought a few accessories and his prices were exceptional on those as well. My order was shipped the same day that I placed it. I actually got it two days earlier than anticipated. It really doesn't get any better than this.

rotorblades
12-16-2017, 08:10 AM
I just purchased my second Segway from Rick. For the second time, he beat everyone else's price by $500. I bought a few accessories and his prices were exceptional on those as well. My order was shipped the same day that I placed it. I actually got it two days earlier than anticipated. It really doesn't get any better than this.i too have bought from rick at corvallis segway
most honourable and knowledgeable- dont hesitate= i hand out his business cards here in very north california i have bought two X2s from him

plumber802
02-16-2018, 08:16 AM
Just purchased a brand new i2SE from Rick at Segway of Corvallis. This might be the most smooth and seamless online transaction I have ever made.Rick kept me informed via text and email every step of the way.Even after my Seg was delivered I got a call from him to make sure that everything went smoothly with the assembly and setup.Considering a second i2SE for my wife.
Thanks Rick!!!