PDA

View Full Version : Two new features and more coming...!

JohnG
03-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi folks,

Two new features have been added to Segway Chat today:

1. The news feed headlines are now at the top of the forum's main index page, underneath the nav bar. This allows you to keep up to date what's going on in the world of Segway news. Via Google News.

2. On the forum's homepage, we've included at the bottom a Flickr feed of Segway tagged photos. You may have to change your Flash settings to give this feed permission to access Flickr via Segway Chat (as it seems Flash's default setting may be not to allow this). If you need help doing this, let me know and I'll walk you through the help page (Flash makes it confusing to do, unfortunately).

We've got a lot of extra tools coming down the pike in May, including enhanced member profiles here.

John

PS - Stay tuned for more later this weekend! :)

nickyboy
03-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Nice to see the site evolving.

jryan
03-22-2008, 02:35 PM
In the words of Borat- "It's a very nice!"

Jeremy Ryan

JohnG
03-22-2008, 02:46 PM
We've also switched over to the more popular and better-used Frappr map for our Segway Chat Map link. If you haven't already, we highly recommend adding yourself to that map.

Thanks!

segsurfer
03-22-2008, 07:33 PM
New features, sweet. Now if only we could update the blasted live chat...oh well, new features are still good.:)
-segsurfer

JohnG
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
BTW, if you want your Flickr photos to appear on the SegwayChat homepage, just tag them with the Segway keyword, and voila! :)

william collins
04-08-2008, 07:08 PM
John or who ever ..would it not be a good idea that when a New member is signing up .. there be part of the Sig-Up a section that must be filled out for The Profile EG: location of member,Choose Avatar etc BUT mainly LOCATION..So many new members saying they want to buy or want to sell and one of us has to ask them where there located and to do the profile ..My two cents for a new feature

JohnG
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Sure, no problem... it's always been available, but an optional field.

I've changed it to be required now when a person registers or goes to update their profile.

Hope it helps! :)
John