PDA

View Full Version : Funny old vid

segsurfer
03-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Stumbled upon this vid while browsing youtube. Thought I would post it for the new comers.
-segsurfer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjfDgdIFd8w

quade
03-20-2008, 04:28 PM
First time I'd seen that.

Got any details? The "story" is somewhat lacking in them.

Eric Payne
03-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I remember reading of this in one of the other threads, months ago, and jumping on the links there to get more info... in fact, I think it was posted in the thread I started: "My Hot Segway - And I Don't Mean Looks."

Does anyone know how this came out? I remember reading the guy arrested claimed he had purchased the 167 from someone else (another guy on the street, for some stupid amount like $50), just as the person who sent me the stolen 167 tried to claim he purchased it, for $500, at a local flea market, and when he was arrested, presented a receipt "proving" he did... problem was, as it was quickly pointed out to him, the receipt was dated EARLIER than the date the 167 was stolen...

Stupid, stupid crooks.

pam
03-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Early on, Frank posted links to various videos, including the one "So Happy Together" - which was made of our training. Among those posted was this one. It was an early "sting" operation of one of the first ht thefts in NYC - Frank was involved in the recovery of the unit.

Oh, those were the days. PT was putting up vids of using the Segway, and this was long before many people had them at all. It was a grand time to be around, because there was so much excitement and joy.

Pam

segsurfer
03-20-2008, 05:08 PM
It was a grand time to be around, because there was so much excitement and joy.

Pam

I only wish that we could all just unite for the love of the glide and stop all the mindless bickering. You can't say I'm not trying.
-segsurfer