PDA

View Full Version : Viewing "New Posts"

bentbiker
02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Is there any trick that I'm not aware of that allows you to "skip" or "mark as read" an item rather than going to the new post and then going back to "New Posts" just to remove it from the list?

I didn't realize how much faster it is to stay up to date when I do that on a GPS discussion board that I frequent (which has a "skip" button). It would also reduce the load on the SC board since much less data would have to be downloaded.

nora k
02-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Is there any trick that I'm not aware of that allows you to "skip" or "mark as read" an item rather than going to the new post and then going back to "New Posts" just to remove it from the list?

I didn't realize how much faster it is to stay up to date when I do that on a GPS discussion board that I frequent (which has a "skip" button). It would also reduce the load on the SC board since much less data would have to be downloaded.

click quick links (right under your name and private messages indicator on top right)and you'll see: mark forums read. click it and you're done.

i just discovered it the other day!

bentbiker
02-14-2008, 06:36 PM
click quick links (right under your name and private messages indicator on top right)and you'll see: mark forums read. click it and you're done.

i just discovered it the other day!
Thanks. Actually, I don't want to mark everything as read, just mark an individual post. I guess you could argue (not that you would ever argue) that I could read the ones I want and then do a batch marking of the remainder, but the danger there is that any new post between your last refresh of new posts and the time you mark everything as having been read will also not show. And every time you go back to a long list of new posts, you must remember where you left off since there will be some you are not interested in and others you haven't thought about yet.

All that being said, your way is better than my current way, so your way is now my way -- unless somebody knows of the hidden "Skip" button.

nora k
02-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks. Actually, I don't want to mark everything as read, just mark an individual post. I guess you could argue (not that you would ever argue) that I could read the ones I want and then do a batch marking of the remainder, but the danger there is that any new post between your last refresh of new posts and the time you mark everything as having been read will also not show. And every time you go back to a long list of new posts, you must remember where you left off since there will be some you are not interested in and others you haven't thought about yet.

All that being said, your way is better than my current way, so your way is now my way -- unless somebody knows of the hidden "Skip" button.

no, john. this is your only options. deal with it already. can't leave good enough alone, eh? just want to delete one post and not them all.

when is enough enough with you?

i mean, nah, i haven't seen a skip button. :)

bentbiker
02-14-2008, 07:36 PM

But this is not for me . . . I'm asking not for myself, but rather for this entire wonderful community -- except for you . . .

segsurfer
02-14-2008, 10:21 PM
no, john. this is your only options. deal with it already. can't leave good enough alone, eh? just want to delete one post and not them all.

i mean, nah, i haven't seen a skip button. :)

I'm surprised polo_pro isn't after you for using his word eh?