PDA

View Full Version : Searching for member locations

i2Glide
02-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Is there any way to search member locations? I'm trying to see who ilives in Omaha or Nebraska but all I get are a few posts.

Thanks

wwhopper
02-10-2008, 02:08 PM
And it never has been figured out how to make it work, on our all volunteer sites.

The upcoming Segway Social Site was going to try and make that happen, not sure if it made the final cut.

One of the issues is privacy concerns.

bentbiker
02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Is there any way to search member locations? I'm trying to see who ilives in Omaha or Nebraska but all I get are a few posts.

Thanks
There is a map on your menu bar but few people here have chosen to put in their data. A better site is:
http://www.segwaytoday.net/SegwayToday/Guest_Map.html .

I see only one listing in the Lincoln area of Nebraska.

i2Glide
02-10-2008, 03:35 PM
The map doesn't work for me. I've asked the admins if they can fix it for me but haven't heard anything so far.

I also don't have any messaging functions. I can receive but can't reply. Not sure what is going on. Maybe I need to create a new account?

JohnG
02-10-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't know about "better" so much as "different," since it seems pretty much the same number of users (and same users) have put information into both maps.

J

bentbiker
02-10-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't know about "better" so much as "different," since it seems pretty much the same number of users (and same users) have put information into both maps.

The only entry in Nebraska exists only on the SegwayToday map; that was my main reason, but a general outline of the country doesn't give you any sense of the distance between a flag and a city you might be visiting.