PDA

View Full Version : DUI on a Segway

nickyboy
01-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Next time you take the Segway down to the pub/bar just consider the consequences of you alcohol consumption

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mPwKS_JkyQ8

CovRob
01-25-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm sure they'd still be laughing if he got flung head first into one of those glass doors!

30 years of policing and I still can't believe what drunks find so funny :mad:

philippeseg
01-25-2008, 08:26 PM
You are right, there is a continuation
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=rcuIUK8jYck&eurl=http://www.segway-in-paris.com/7-categorie-10246045.html

segsurfer
01-25-2008, 08:45 PM
it's morons like that that only help to support the arguments of those against segways

-segsurfer

4rmgt
01-26-2008, 12:40 AM
To bad he only cracked the wall and not that nice flat panel tv he kept going by.

Seriously, sad enough he did this, but to have videotaped it and now post it on YouTube. Nicely done. Bad rep going out for the Segway faithful!

CovRob
01-26-2008, 05:42 AM
it's morons like that that only help to support the arguments of those against segways

-segsurfer
If it wasn't a Seg, it would be something else...I don't see behaviour like this being a bad reflection on Segs, more like the morons who consider such behaviour "fun". Who's property were they in? What responsibility for rectifying the damage caused fell to them?

God, I sound old!

gbrandwood
01-26-2008, 08:59 AM
I don't have a problem with this clip. I found it funny, actually. I don't condone drinking and driving, but if someone is silly enough to ride a Segway in their own home, and only risk harming themselves, then why not? Like Rob said, it could have been any device. Stupid is what stupid does. No one was hurt.

Anyone else find it even remotely amusing?

nickyboy
01-26-2008, 09:03 AM
It's not only the numpty riding the Seg, his so called mates are encouraging him, especially by pointing a camcorder at him.

gbrandwood
01-26-2008, 09:49 AM
It's a bit like riding the bull at a stag do! Only it doesn't last so long. Seg wins every time!!! :)

KSagal
01-26-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree with the Brits! Lighten up everybody!

So the guy felt the need to play the fool! So...

Then he felt the need to remove all possible doubt by posting it on you-tube. Big deal.

It was stupid and irresponsible. I agree. One of the fun things about being stupid and irresponsible is that it is so stupid and irresponsible, and we are taught our whole lives not to be like that.

Had they done it on my seg, or in my house, that would be a different story. But they didn't, so while I do not condone this kind of activity, I do not see it as the end of the world or anything...

Timezkware Tim
01-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Segways don't hurt people; people hurt people.

There are drunks on bikes everyday running into things. They are the minority. When I see a person on a bike I don't worry that it's a drunk that's going to run me over. In fact, I'd rather be run into by a drunk on a Segway than a drunk on a bike. A bike hitting you is much more dangerous.

Tim

BillPaxton
01-26-2008, 03:29 PM
That's a riot! Last week I was *nearly* sober at a friend's home and went to sit down in a plastic chair - my backward momentum exceeded the chair's "stay put ratio" and it sprung from under me, dumping me unceremoniously on the floor, to the delight of some 30 people. I had only had three beers and was cut off. Just goes to show you that you dont have to be drunk to make an *** of yourself, and you don't need a segway to do so either - and if you're really lucky, it'll happen too fast for folks to whip out camera phones!!!

gbrandwood
01-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Segways don't hurt people;Rappers do!

hellphish
01-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I laughed. Thanks for the post!

Timezkware Tim
01-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Segways don't hurt people; people hurt people.

There are drunks on bikes everyday running into things. They are the minority. When I see a person on a bike I don't worry that it's a drunk that's going to run me over. In fact, I'd rather be run into by a drunk on a Segway than a drunk on a bike. A bike hitting you is much more dangerous.

Tim

Here's what John M PMd me as he gave my neg rep points:

Why derail the thread with a non-relevant bike smear? JohnMLighten up, JM. The thread was about being drunk on a Segway, and I was using an obvious comparison, people being drunk on bikes, and how other people (peds) react to both.

People here don't come here to smear bikes. Bikes are fun. Don't be so defensive.

Share the road, dude. Enjoy your odd hobby of playing "devil's advocate" with products you don't use. I can't believe you've spent years writing a million words on this subject. Do you have a life other than coming here to upset people? One of these days I should send you the list of people who have written me to tell me how piossed off you've made them with your snarky posts.

Oh, and thanks for giving me the negetive rep points. Obviously, another one of your odd hobbies.

Tim

jryan
01-31-2008, 02:34 PM
Indeed bikes are very fun. Unfortunately to make a bike I can ride wih my disability would be about as expensive, if not more, than a Segway! I used to bike 20 miles each way just outside Milwaukee with my uncle to get to a smoothie shop! I miss those days!

Jeremy Ryan

polo_pro
02-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Here's what John M PMd me as he gave my neg rep points:

Lighten up, JM. The thread was about being drunk on a Segway, and I was using an obvious comparison, people being drunk on bikes, and how other people (peds) react to both.

People here don't come here to smear bikes. Bikes are fun. Don't be so defensive.

Share the road, dude. Enjoy your odd hobby of playing "devil's advocate" with products you don't use. I can't believe you've spent years writing a million words on this subject. Do you have a life other than coming here to upset people? One of these days I should send you the list of people who have written me to tell me how piossed off you've made them with your snarky posts.

Oh, and thanks for giving me the negetive rep points. Obviously, another one of your odd hobbies.

Tim

I'm going to ask that people not do what Timekwarz Tim has done. If people continue to take private comments made in a neg rep and make them public, then more people will move towards not signing their neg comments. Unsigned neg rep comments is far more detrimental to this community.

ps - I have no problem with Timekwarez Tim debating with JohnM over points brought up in a neg rep comment. My problem is publicly stating the source being a neg rep comment.

Timezkware Tim
02-01-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm going to ask that people not do what Timekwarz Tim has done. If people continue to take private comments made in a neg rep and make them public, then more people will move towards not signing their neg comments. Unsigned neg rep comments is far more detrimental to this community.

ps - I have no problem with Timekwarez Tim debating with JohnM over points brought up in a neg rep comment. My problem is publicly stating the source being a neg rep comment.

I understand a poster feeling that his anonymity might be compromised if they PM someone (it was actually a rating comment, not a true PM). I wouldn't have done this with anyone other that a subversive troublemaking poster, which is what John M. is in my opinion. He incites arguments under the facade of playing devil's advocate. His rhetoric bores me. He is just here to support Bicyclists and enjoys watching Seggers get upset at his negative posts. Anyone with more than a handful of posts knows this. He is simply a troublemaker, and he knows it.

That's my humble opinion John. Please be warned that I will post or email everyone your silly comments to me in the future, so grow up and cut it out. You have hundreds of hours of Segway posts. Get a life, dude. Go talk about bikes somewhere.

Tim

Desert_Seg
02-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Ah, see what evil Polo has created with his "let us rep everybody" drive.

Never again shall a rep be an innocent remark. Never again shall you click on the scales thinking that all is safe

Payback can be hell...or just more negative rep points :D

Personally I have to laugh at how people make such a big to-do about all this stuff. Tim's a Mets fan so he has to have thick skin. John's a cyclist so you know he has heard it all.

Both are big boys, let them "battle" it out while we sit back on the sidelines and enjoy the show. At least until the moderators lock the thread (this could be Will's first official act!).

Steven

pam
02-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Just to let you know, guys, it's against the forum rules to post private (PM) messages on the forum. Let's not do it again. Anyone choosing to post private messages on the forums will go into moderation.

Just a word to the wise.

Pam

KSagal
02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I was actually surprised that a post about drunk bikers got JohnM's dander up...

It wasn't like he said they sweat or anything... I know how upsetting that comment can be...

segsurfer
02-02-2008, 12:36 AM
I wonder what JohnM's stance on trikes is:D
P.S. just messin with you man, as I am incapable of riding a bike, and ride a recumbent trike instead.
-segsurfer

JaredHT
02-02-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm just suprised that the SegSurfing pic hasn't been added to this thread.....yet.

wwhopper
02-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm just suprised that the SegSurfing pic hasn't been added to this thread.....yet.

But you were sober that night.....

Now I do have some photos from a boat ride on the mucky chuck that makes you want to drink!