PDA

View Full Version : Old Book of Seg Videos Here

JohnG
12-09-2007, 06:07 PM
We collected all of the old Book of Seg videos from Phillip Torrone and put them in one easy-to-access place, for your historical viewing enjoyment:

http://www.segwaychat.com/bookofseg/

The "Segway Together" video is in there too, but the quality isn't ideal...

John

macgeek
12-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I was lucky enough to read the book of seg, before he pulled it.
Great memories of me as a newbie!

Thanks

Jonathan

pam
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Most all of the Segway Together video was taken during the 12/20/02 Early Delivery training in Bedford, by Frank Tropea. I'm there, if you know where to find me <G>.

Pam

segsurfer
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Wow I have been reading reinventing the wheel aka code name ginger and they mentioned and described Easy Street, but I never knew it was so big.:D awesome

SEGsby
12-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Interesting info / topics covered... Thanks for posting these. :)

I tried the curb dismounting technique shown in one of the videos, where you push the seg over the sidewalk edge with one foot on it, then transition onto it to take off on the road below.

Herbie didn't like that, and gave me a very disapproving frown.

In the gen2 safety video, they turn the machine around to face you, roll it over the edge, then spin it back around once it's on the road. Quite different, but I don't get errors that way.

I guess the software's changed a bit? There isn't any problem doing it the old way in the video, at least physically...

SEGsby

florin
12-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Most all of the Segway Together video was taken during the 12/20/02 Early Delivery training in Bedford, by Frank Tropea. I'm there, if you know where to find me <G>.

Pam

May I do a guess? Are you he one with the red jacket?

Sal
12-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Interesting info / topics covered... Thanks for posting these. :)

I tried the curb dismounting technique shown in one of the videos, where you push the seg over the sidewalk edge with one foot on it, then transition onto it to take off on the road below.

Herbie didn't like that, and gave me a very disapproving frown.

In the gen2 safety video, they turn the machine around to face you, roll it over the edge, then spin it back around once it's on the road. Quite different, but I don't get errors that way.

I guess the software's changed a bit? There isn't any problem doing it the old way in the video, at least physically...

SEGsby

The curb technique PT showed in the video (going down the curb) would be exceedingly difficult with a Gen2 only because (obviously you can figure out where I'm going...) the LSF isn't rigid anymore, and anything but a clean flush perpendicular curb position would cause the Seg to go down one wheel at a time. I think to prevent this and give the user more control, the new videos suggest turning the Segway to face the glider when going down a curb.

-S

SEGsby
12-15-2007, 12:01 AM
I had no problems, or the issues with the machine spinning from a tilted LSF while trying to do copy the technique.

Interesting. Well, spinning the machine around takes more time, but it does look cool... ;)

SEGsby

The curb technique PT showed in the video (going down the curb) would be exceedingly difficult with a Gen2 only because (obviously you can figure out where I'm going...) the LSF isn't rigid anymore, and anything but a clean flush perpendicular curb position would cause the Seg to go down one wheel at a time. I think to prevent this and give the user more control, the new videos suggest turning the Segway to face the glider when going down a curb.

-S

Sal
12-15-2007, 01:19 AM
I had no problems, or the issues with the machine spinning from a tilted LSF while trying to do copy the technique.

Interesting. Well, spinning the machine around takes more time, but it does look cool... ;)

SEGsby

He he he... it was tough for me! Props to ya!

-Sal

pam
12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Nope, although, thanks, Florin. I'm the one wearing my shoulders up around my ears, stiffer than the proverbial board. Frank's lovely wife Azeeza is the woman in the long coat, BTW. Boy, can't you see those Segway smiles? :)
Pam

May I do a guess? Are you the one with the red jacket?

Mr_Laurenzano
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
The move, down a stair, and up one, at a time, I don't mean too, stair.
The awe, the Tropea. Wouldn't be here without it.
Crash