PDA

View Full Version : inserting photos into messages

segsurfer
12-07-2007, 11:47 PM
I wasn't sure where to place this thread so I decided to place it here. How do you insert a photo directly into a post as opposed to attaching it?

feel free to move the thread

quade
12-08-2007, 12:49 AM
If you have the image hosted somewhere (which can include this web site!), then you can link to it with the tags.

Select the URL you want to link to and put it between a [IMG] and .

http://forums.segwaychat.com/gallery/albums/userpics/15887/normal_071201pq0076web.jpg

bentbiker
12-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Is that cmonkey? Did he pay for the entire ferry just to get exclusive use for him and his Segway?

Segsurfer, if you use the Advanced page to prepare your posts, there is a button on the menu (mountain peaks) that will query you for the url of the image and then create the tags Paul mentioned. To upload a file for hosting here, click on Photos in upper right corner of the page.

quade
12-08-2007, 01:39 AM
Is that cmonkey? Did he pay for the entire ferry just to get exclusive use for him and his Segway?

There -was- a lady that wanted to drive her car onto the ferry, but took one look at him, shook her head and backed away real slow like. :D

bentbiker
12-08-2007, 02:34 AM
There -was- a lady that wanted to drive her car onto the ferry, but took one look at him, shook her head and backed away real slow like. :D
Nobody is going to believe that story even though I know it to be true.:D:D And she didn't just back away -- she backed off of a ferry she had already boarded. I literally laughed out loud as I read your account; I had forgotten about her.

cmonkey
12-08-2007, 02:40 AM
I couldn't believe it either! It was actually kind of frightening to watch. I was just waiting for her to panic and back through the rails (SPLASH).
If the attendant hadn't tried to guide her back off, she definitely would've hit everything on the way out!

segsurfer
12-08-2007, 11:35 AM
thanks guys