PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST TO CHAT ADMIN: A New Poll

Eric Payne
11-17-2007, 06:45 AM
In the print edition of yesterday's "Arizona Republic," in the news item concerning "The B&N Incident," it was noted by writer Carrie Watters:

... (Segway) spokeswoman Morgan Smith said there is no tracking to show how many were bought by those with disabilities.

I understand the marketing trade-offs between INC and Johnson & Johnson concerning the "medical" aspects of the technological applications of Segway technology; I would not want INC to do anything that would jeopardize that agreement.

However, couldn't we, here, have our own, simple, one-question poll? "Did you purchase, or are planning to purchase, a Segway for disability mobility assistance?"

Though it would be unscientific, the results of such a poll (if an overwhelming majority of Chat members chose to answer the question) could be reasonably extrapolated to overall Seg owners, as a rough figure. For instance, say 40% of the members here answered such a question in the affirmative, it could then be reasonably used to support a belief that between one-quarter and one-third of all Seg owners had a similar motivation in their purchase.

Thanks.

Desert_Seg
11-17-2007, 07:10 AM
... Though it would be unscientific, the results of such a poll (if an overwhelming majority of Chat members chose to answer the question) could be reasonably extrapolated to overall Seg owners, as a rough figure. For instance, say 40% of the members here answered such a question in the affirmative, it could then be reasonably used to support a belief that between one-quarter and one-third of all Seg owners had a similar motivation in their purchase.

Thanks.

Eric,

I believe you can start your own poll without the need of Admin help.

However, any such poll will be terribly skewed as such a small number of Segway owners know of this site, much less participate.

Steven

bentbiker
11-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Eric,

I believe you can start your own poll without the need of Admin help.

However, any such poll will be terribly skewed as such a small number of Segway owners know of this site, much less participate.

Steven
Agreed, . . . and . . . I think a good argument could be made that disabled users are more likely to know about and participate in a discussion board like SC, because the Segway is so important in their life.

Sal
11-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Eric,

When you click "NEW THREAD" there is a "Post a Poll..." radio button below the text field areas...

When you're finished typing the intro to the thread, SC will give you a new screen where you can enter your poll question and options.

-Sal