PDA

View Full Version : Toyota's "Personal Mobility Vehicle."

Jus Sumguy
10-22-2007, 03:25 AM
http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/future/pm/photo_5.jpg

http://www.toyota.com/images/vehicles/future/pm/photo_3.jpg

More--->CLICK (http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/pm.html)

-

gibsa004
11-12-2007, 01:38 PM
WHOA!!
Whats the name of this beast! Do we have any info yet, like costs?

gibsa004
11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Concept
“Expanding Human Abilities”
This union of driver and vehicle is intended to expand human abilities and possibilities.

Theme
“Inspire the Individual”
Making a better world with mobility leading the way to a greater bond between people and the planet.
Movement expands our world by creating possibilities and encounters among nature, society, people and culture. Movement brings us new sensations, discoveries and acquaintances, enabling individuals to lead fuller lives and cultivating a sense of belonging with the planet.

Design Theme
“The Leaf”
The design, inspired by the leaf that converts sunlight into life energy, seeks to express the power of the unknown, the logic of living things and the simple beauty of waste-free functionality.

Upright Position in Low-Speed Mode
Reclined Position in High-Speed Mode

Main Features

* Mobility with an Ultra Compact Size
The “i-unit” creates a seamless transformation between vehicle and human movement, minimizing occupied space and energy consumption with its lightweight and ultra compact size.
* Variable Positioning
The i-unit has a compact size enabling the passenger to move among other people in an upright position in low speed mode, and a low center of gravity that ensures stable handling when the vehicles reclines in high speed mode.
* Ease of Operation
o Drive Controller
Drive-by-wire technology and intuitive handling enable the passenger to maneuver on-the-spot turns and drive at high speed at will.
o IT Controller
A driver support information system uses sound, light and vibration to facilitate interactive communication.
* Driver Support System
The driver support system features Intelligent Transport System (ITS) technology, which Toyota hopes to utilize for an accident-free society. The system permits efficient and safe autopilot driving in specially equipped lanes.
* “My-unit”
A personalized recognition system can provide information and music, and body color can be customized, according to the individual’s preferences and emotions.
* Environmentally Friendly Body Materials
The body is built using environmentally friendly plant-based materials such as kenaf.

Main Specifications
Length (mm)
Low-Speed Mode 1,100
High-Speed Mode 1,800
Height (mm)
Low-Speed Mode 1,800
High-Speed Mode 1,250
Width (mm) 1,040
Wheel Base (mm)
Low-Speed Mode 540
High-Speed Mode 1,300
Tread (mm)
Front 850
Rear 830
Body Weight (Kg) 180
Minimum Turning Radius (m) (Outer Side)
0.9 (When turning in place)
Drive System In-Wheel Motors (Rear)
Battery Type Lithium Ion

GyroGo
12-12-2007, 01:31 AM
Electripod

SEGsby
12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Remember the first Matrix movie?

The thing looks a lot like a "human battery" with wheels, to me... ;)

Mmm, pod people.

SEGsby