PDA

View Full Version : Swapping wheels - x2 for x2 Golf (or even i2)

Segsation
09-14-2007, 03:33 AM
Does anyone out there have any experience in trying to swap x2 wheels for x2 Golf wheels? I've heard that they have different stud spacings but wonder if that's true.

I guess even if it is, it would be possible to either mount x2 golf tyres on x2 rims or even re-drill the holes in the wheels or worst case scenario, get a new wheel mounting plate made (or buy the part from Segway).

It seems a bit rough that Segway would stop this kind of "customizing" with the price Segs are selling for.......

Sometimes I'd even like to swap out the fenders AND wheels of my x2 and enjoy the skinny profile of an i2 (although I gather the software is different as well).

Any experts out there?

S.

dgbint
09-14-2007, 08:50 AM
It's pretty easy to swap over a set of x2 tyres with x2Turf tyres.
The wheels and hub adaptors are identical.

However the tyre sizes, are just a bit different, so the turf variety needs an extra spacer to space the wheel out a bit.

10 mm, I think.

Michael

jrvcd
09-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes there is a spacer you need to put on even on an xt i found out as i have swapped my xt tires to x2 golf tires to use on the street. They are pretty sweet to ride with.

Segsation
10-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Does anyone out there know what a set of i2 wheels and fenders would cost?

(this is to modify an x2 occasionally)

S.

bentbiker
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM

S.
Previous quotes on here have been approx $135 plus tax and shipping per wheel/tire assembly.

bystander
10-04-2007, 11:41 AM

S.I don't have any idea what the i2 fenders cost, but the gen1 fenders had a suggested retail of $95 to $130 (each). I suspect the i2 fenders could be around $150 or less (each).

Due to the way the gen1 fenders were manufactured, they had a certain amount of "blemished" pieces that were stocked with a different part number and were sold for a reduced price. But I don't think the i2 design has that difficulty.

Is your dealer being evasive about pricing? or are you just making a reality check?

I don't know the exact i2 wheel/tire pricing either, but what's been posted so far in this thread appears to be accurate.

Segsation
10-07-2007, 04:50 PM
My dealer is being worse than evasive - he insists that you cannot put i2 wheels on an x2!

I therefore have to find somewhere else to buy them.

Mr_Laurenzano
10-07-2007, 05:23 PM
My dealer is being worse than evasive - he insists that you cannot put i2 wheels on an x2!

Dear segsation you can put an i-167 kickstand on a I2. Its a "Universal Platform", Spacer/Smacher... The gen 2 have them already, The only differance is the rider and a fist full of tools.
Call Segway tell them you want two X2 tires because your going to do some off road riding.
They say cool that will be Upwards of 500+, have your dealer order qouta or more and get a deal.
Geta hold of Macgeek, he has info on KETS and they do just fine.

~going off road back in the day was nothing more than voiding a warranty,
Ride it hard put it away wet and use your warranty. To the fullest extent.~
CRASH

jacky1982
10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks! That's great!

mark1qhorsey
06-25-2008, 11:45 PM

I have read other posts that suggest bad things may happen
on hills etc when mixing wheel types on the x2.