PDA

View Full Version : Don't try this at home....

nickyboy
08-10-2007, 04:20 AM
without a very good medical insurance and a helmet.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TckpGXcRLUk

Wait until about 25 to 26 seconds in...........

Eric Payne
08-10-2007, 05:05 AM
This is just the type of lunatic behavior that people "in authority" point to when they want to ban Segways. There should be a disclaimer on YouTube AND on their own site.

How friggin' irresponsible.

Eric Payne
Glendale, AZ

CovRob
08-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Crazy. But then again, how many idiots do stunts on bikes / skates / skis ... etc, etc? pretty much par for the course when youth gets involved.

gbrandwood
08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Crazy indeed. Reminds me of the time I... erm... nope, I've never done anything like that. :(

This is just the type of lunatic behavior that people "in authority" point to when they want to ban Segways. There should be a disclaimer on YouTube AND on their own site.

How friggin' irresponsible.It is irresponsible, I agree, but I don't think that's the kind of behaviour the authorities point towards when banning or restricting the devices. If it were, we'd have a much easier time making them legal.

BillPaxton
08-10-2007, 08:45 AM
you've never ridden up a curb on one wheel, or tried to back up a semi-steep hill? My kids do far dumber stuff on their "wheelies" all the time. Wish someone would ban those things.

cmonkey
08-10-2007, 09:48 AM
:eek:Hey, Don't knock it till you've tried it!:D

At least she had a spotter nearby.

The first time I did a headstand on my Segway, I had a spotter. As it turns out, it was actually easier for me to do a headstand on the seg because it was actively balancing me. When I do a headstand on the ground, it takes much more effort and I usually fall over.

I do agree about the disclaimer though.

How friggin' irresponsible.

Eric Payne
Glendale, AZ

KSagal
08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Man, there are a lot of Prudes here! Of course it is silly. So?

I did not see anyone being forced into anything, and if they were willing to take the risk and be responsible for their actions, let them have fun!

Just because I do not have a desire to try that does not mean in any way that it is a bad thing, and anyone who would point to this and say that this is a reason for their legislation, needs to be removed as a legislator. That is crazy.

I say, let 'em have some fun, however they define that. Just don't hurt themselves or anyone else...

I seem to recall Evil Kenevil try to ride his motorcycle accross the Snake River Gorge many years ago. It turned out to be more of a rocket with wheels. He did not make it...

After that, I do recall almost every state passed a law that said you could only jump your rocket powered motorcycles over gorges that were less than 252.6 feet, and that legislation makes sense, but a law prohibiting riding a segway while inverted, that would be rediculous!

nickyboy
08-10-2007, 01:52 PM
I say good on her. I've been guilty of "pushing the envelope" in the past. Sometimes it goes right and your pleased, when it goes wrong you learn. I've got the scars from the wrong 'uns and the memories and skills from the good 'uns.

Many of us know that Karl used to be a skydiver and instructor. Let me ask this question as an example. What on earth did the first person to jump out of a plane with a knotted hankie tied above his head think he was doing? Were they risponsable?, Not in my opinion, they just "pushed the envelope"

I say go for it, push it a little, experiment and live your life. Nobody got hurt and we got entertained.