PDA

View Full Version : Kamen 101 - Essential Viewing

Sal
07-28-2007, 02:11 AM
Classic Kamen:

The TED conference finally posts some of the classic talks, including this one (http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/9).

A must-see for both the old and new members of this site.

-Sal

P.S. The TED conferences are the same place from which I posted the following thread (http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=14853).

Brooster
07-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the link Sal. Dean's talks are always an inspiration, and this one is no exception.

It's this vision that had all of us so excited in the very early days of Segway. I hope Dean and Segway are able to do the work they need to do to bring back and sustain the level of energy and excitement that we all had in 2003. The fact that there isn't a SegwayFest this year is perhaps an indicator that things are no longer moving in the direction we'd hoped.

Good talk, thanks again.
Broo

Sal
07-29-2007, 01:15 PM
... I hope that everyone tho came to this thread took the time to watch this video and sparked some sort of change, not in their Segway-realted lives, but in their lives in general.

Maybe it's cheezy for me to think this, but I'll say it anyway: we're a community that CAN make a difference, whether it be to influence changes in infrastructure, or a change in government. Why I say this is that we had the COURAGE to buy the Segway, and tolerate the insensitive attitudes.

Don't just stop with Kamen, there are plenty of other inspirational, attitude changing and thought provoking talks at TED.

Enjoy!

-Sal

Brooster
08-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Shouldn't Dean be standing on an i2 these days?

We all know how he loves his p133 with the briefcase attachment, but if he's going to go out and sell the technology shouldn't he be standing on a machine that can actually be purchased?

I know, the p-Series is easier to load on the Raytheon Premier biz-jet. But still ...

:)

bentbiker
08-01-2007, 01:15 AM

We all know how he loves his p133 with the briefcase attachment, but if he's going to go out and sell the technology shouldn't he be standing on a machine that can actually be purchased?

I know, the p-Series is easier to load on the Raytheon Premier biz-jet. But still ...

Broo,

This was filmed in 2002, right?

florin
08-01-2007, 01:20 AM

I guess you missed that little line of text, just above the video area: Filmed Feb. 2002

I think if he has to do a similar presentation today, he will come on a I2.

Brooster
08-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks! For some reason I thought it was more recent.