PDA

View Full Version : Who is pt?

polo_pro
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I was looking through a list of the most prolific posters (of which I only appear in the top 20....8^( 8^( 8^( ), and I noticed and administrator named pt. pt's last post was almost a year and a half ago. I was on SC at that point, but I don't remember pt taking many actions as an administrator. It's always Pam or Sal.

bystander
07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I was looking through a list of the most prolific posters (of which I only appear in the top 20....8^( 8^( 8^( ), and I noticed and administrator named pt. pt's last post was almost a year and a half ago. I was on SC at that point, but I don't remember pt taking many actions as an administrator. It's always Pam or Sal.

They re-named the HT after him, so he retired...

Seriously, he's (Phillip Torrone) one of Engadget's co-founders, isn't he? Also affiliated with Make magazine.

pt is also famous among many HT and PT owners (and would-be owners) for his old "book of seg" web pages. "book of seg" has since moved on, but you may be able to eek out a glimpse or two at archive.org.

polo_pro
07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
They re-named the HT after him, so he retired...

Seriously, he's (Phillip Torrone) one of Engadget's co-founders, isn't he? Also affiliated with Make magazine.

pt is also famous among many HT and PT owners (and would-be owners) for his old "book of seg" web pages. "book of seg" has since moved on, but you may be able to eek out a glimpse or two at archive.org.

Ah...."the glider formerly known as PT"

Yeah, I'd done the basic detective work to find out his association with Make magazine. But I didn't realize he'd done the "book of seg". That was quite an achievement, and I only wish I'd been around in its golden era to partake of its wisdom.

Spider108
08-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey Polo...I see you are from SAC....I am from Grass Valley....would like to meet up and tour your way on a weekend or see a match. Get's my wife and I out of the house. Let me know....Spider