PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 of Rad2Go

polo_pro
07-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Check out the following Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-PT-KruZer-Electric-Scooter-Used-Segway-Alternative_W0QQitemZ300072730296QQihZ020QQcategor yZ47351QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I don't know how much of it is true, but if this is accurate then I think the Segway INC lawyers are going to have a field day over copyrights/trademarks. Is the only major difference more powerful motors, and I guess higher capacity batteries (to maintain the 18mile range)?

RAG1247
07-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Check out the following Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-PT-KruZer-Electric-Scooter-Used-Segway-Alternative_W0QQitemZ300072730296QQihZ020QQcategor yZ47351QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I don't know how much of it is true, but if this is accurate then I think the Segway INC lawyers are going to have a field day over copyrights/trademarks. Is the only major difference more powerful motors, and I guess higher capacity batteries (to maintain the 18mile range)?

It doesnt look much different from the one from several years ago when we had a chance to ride one at Bonita Springs - what would the segway lawyers argue about?????

william collins
07-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Before I bought my first segway,Couple of years ago,I bought Rad-ta-Go "Q"..would not even go up my driveway.On the flat it did go like 10 MPH and I didn't chance downhill .paid $300 for and picked it up myself on long Island ..couple of weeks later put it up on e-bay and was lucky to get rid of it for about what I paid..Worst thing with the Q is that if your moving fast and hit the brakes (Hard) you will go over the handlebars .And no Balance sensors ..actually your on four wheels.And like my Granddaghter said "it's the same but differant".Anyone that buys one of them is foolishly wasting money..Dean had one to check out too

KSagal
07-14-2007, 11:43 PM
It doesnt look much different from the one from several years ago when we had a chance to ride one at Bonita Springs - what would the segway lawyers argue about?????

I agree with Richard. This is nothing new. (Or what is new is no big deal) It has larger casters and motors, but smaller batteries, and no regenerative braking.

THe biggest difference that I can see is that this one will be draining cheaper batteries when you go over the handlebars, instead of the Q which will be charging larger batteries when you go over the handlebars.

I have also ridden a Q, and while a faceplant is possible with a segway, it is not likely, and with this type of scooter, a face plant is envitable.