06-02-2007, 12:53 AM
The SegVator SegPlow video is now available at www.segvator.com

Click on SegPlow

then Product Info.

bottom of the page has the video link.

You just won't believe it!!!!

wwhopper
06-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Now to bring out the Seg mosquito catcher by Segvator.

Glide around the back yard and the thing devoures bugs! Then we get Dave to turn them into paving, and we have a truly environmentally friendly machine...

Always nice to see something cool as the summer starts to heat up!

gbrandwood
06-02-2007, 03:13 PM
You just won't believe it!!!!You know what - I saw the pictures of this device when they were on here a while back and I laughed. I thought: crazy idea, whatever next? It'll never work. Having now seen the video, I really didn't believe just how effective it is! I thought it was a bit of a joke but this thing rocks! Congratulations on a great product. http://forums.segwaychat.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

joe
06-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Same here! Seeing the pictures only, I thought "nice idea, but probably not very useful", but that video convinced me of the opposite. :cool: Are the tires stock? Very impressive traction!

--
Johannes

PS: The function of the lifting mechanism and the ground clearance without the plow are still not very well illustrated...

DarthSegVator
06-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Joe,

Yes, the XT is totally stock.

I added a thermostatically controlled battery blanket on mine to keep the batteries warm during charging and when not in use. I have to store mine in an un-heated garage.

Worked well during testing this last winter. It is, however, intended for the expert glider. You have to know the machine limitations and how to quickly & safely respond if you exceed them.

It was designed mainly to show what the Segway is capable of doing although it may not be practical for most users. Anyway, it has been an interesting and fun project. :cool:

DarthSegVator
06-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Joe,

The lifting mechanism is a heel bar you simply step on at the rear of the platform to raise the SegPlow. You can use either heel as the bar goes across the rear of the platform.

I have attached a series of photos showing the mounting plates. The rear battery was removed to give a better view from the rear. Ground clearance is only limited just inside of the tires where the plate drops about 2 inches below the batteries. The mounting plates would be removed after the winter season and then re-attached when the weather turns again at the start of the next seanson.

Here are the photos:

DarthSegVator
06-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Here is the last photo.

You can see the flip-down locking lever that secures the SegPlow when attached.

S&R26-8
06-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Wow...that is absoluately amazing...what a super invention.
Does it work on the new X2 models?

nickyboy
06-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Guys, that is so cool (ooops, sorry no pun intended).
The amazing thing is that 1/2 that amount of snow in the UK and the whole country would come to a standstill. And I'm NOT exagerating.
I just wonder what's being developed next?

gbrandwood
06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
You can also use it to clear pavements of pedestrians and bicycles to make space for the Segways ;)

macgeek
06-05-2007, 03:41 PM
In seeing what would happen if the plow hits the pole, if it would spin the seg around, also deep snow what would happen.

It looks like a GREAT idea!

Jonathan

DarthSegVator
06-05-2007, 05:16 PM
In seeing what would happen if the plow hits the pole, if it would spin the seg around, also deep snow what would happen.

It looks like a GREAT idea!

Jonathan

Not sure what pole you are talking about????

Deep, heavy/wet snow creates problems. It doesn't windrow well and builds up in front of the plow until it cannot push any further. Basically max's out the horsepower of the Segway, which I believe is about one horsepower.

It will work on the X2 as well as the XT. But the X2 is more difficult to manage.

The SegVator team (Dave & I) are continuing to develop product ideas to help Segs4Vets. Stay tuned to SC and our website for any future offerings.