PDA

View Full Version : Some Good News

Sven
05-04-2007, 03:02 PM
I recently accompanied my wife to the national Red Hat Society gathering in Nashville Tennessee. Four thousand Red Hatters from the U.S. and many foreign countries were in attendance at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center. The resort is a huge 2881 room complex that has several sister locations around the country. I took my Seg with me and glided to the door of a Southwest plane with no problems. In Nashville, the Gaylord shuttle bus driver was very helpful loading the Seg on and off and no questions were raised at the resort itself. Because the facility is so large, my Seg made it possible for me to explore the various atriums, waterfalls and shops and the indoor river and the golf course while my wife attended various meetings- something I could not do otherwise since I have limited mobility. Gliding around, I was the envy of many of the mature ladies in attendance who made comments like "I could sure use one of those" as they labored to walk through the vast complex. And I couldn't count the number of times I was asked about the Seg.and how it operated. I'm sure I could have sold a few had I been in the business. All in all, it was a good day for Segway.

Tarkus
05-04-2007, 03:07 PM
I have been to the Gaylord Opryland as a AB, cool place.
It's good to know their Segway Friendly.

Be Big,
Alan

sethgardner
08-09-2007, 03:41 PM
the Gaylord shuttle bus driver was very helpful loading the Seg on and off and no questions were raised at the resort itself.

I live in the Nashville area and recently got a Seg. I've been hesitant to take it many places, other than downtown. Did you use it anywhere else in Nashville while you were there? I'm curious to know how you were treated.

Sven
08-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Sethgardner: Our stay in Nashville was cut short because of a death in the family so I wasn't able to do any gliding in town.