PDA

View Full Version : DRAFT @ Work In San Antonio

wwhopper
04-10-2007, 06:49 PM
The good folks from DRAFT are at it again this week, this time TEXAS, at the Alamo, with the help olf SEGCITY Tours and a bunch of great volunteers.

Keep an eye open for the good things to come.

So far the training has been a blast, and as always it is great to be with the all the DRAFT supporters who have come out to help.

wwhopper
04-11-2007, 07:58 AM
Klee Kleeber who is now with RackSpace came out last night to have dinner with the recipients as well as a number of DRAFT Supporters.

Always good to see and glide with old and new friends!

Tarkus
04-12-2007, 12:47 AM
No question Will, this was our finest IMO to date.

Jerry, Leonard and Fred were "Spot On' with the location and the Media coverage was great.

It was also nice to meet Lisa Martinez & Brian Hughes, true friends of DRAFT. Their hard planing and work was invaluable.

And of course "Buzz" from SegCity Tours, Thanks from the bottom of my heart for alll you do.

The list goes on and I'm so tired, just got in so I apologize to all the "usual suspects" I haven't mentioned.

I love you all, thank you and thanks to our service men and women who give so much of themselves to protect our freedoms.

Be Big,
Alan

wwhopper
04-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Number one is the vets that are getting the Segways, they are not only thrilled about getting a Segway, they are really Segway Enthusiasts too. The talk about getting spinners, and putting stuff on it, rivaled any SegwayfesT parties I have ever been to.

Number Two is the folks that make this happen from Dave and Jere to you and I, Lissa and Brian to The folks from the Wounded Warrior project, everyone involved moved in one direction forward to make these events go off smoothly.

Number Three, the people who just came up to you and Fred and handed you money. Unselfishly giving towards making other peoples live better.

It was a great event, sorry you were not here last night for dinner, I did not realize the number of tinkers that we have in this group. Dave and his no-heat systems, Brian and his ladies high heel systems, Jere and all the things he does. Makes our little group of seggers look like kids playing with lincoln logs.

Let's do this again in another 4 months!

Sal
04-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Will, do you think there will be a DRAFT event in Indy this summer?

-Sal

Tarkus
04-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Number one is the vets that are getting the Segways, they are not only thrilled about getting a Segway, they are really Segway Enthusiasts too. The talk about getting spinners, and putting stuff on it, rivaled any SegwayfesT parties I have ever been to.

Number Two is the folks that make this happen from Dave and Jere to you and I, Lissa and Brian to The folks from the Wounded Warrior project, everyone involved moved in one direction forward to make these events go off smoothly.

Number Three, the people who just came up to you and Fred and handed you money. Unselfishly giving towards making other peoples live better.

It was a great event, sorry you were not here last night for dinner, I did not realize the number of tinkers that we have in this group. Dave and his no-heat systems, Brian and his ladies high heel systems, Jere and all the things he does. Makes our little group of seggers look like kids playing with lincoln logs.

Let's do this again in another 4 months!

I'm also sorry you had to stay on the River Walk as I sat "delayed" at the airport....

I had the pleasure of flying back with Guard Sargent Tim Gustafson, we had a fun flight, a little BS and a little comedy.

Oh, that money, I thought it was a TIP !!!! Better call Fred.

Be Big,
Alan

wwhopper
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm also sorry you had to stay on the River Walk as I sat "delayed" at the airport....

I had the pleasure of flying back with Guard Sargent Tim Gustafson, we had a fun flight, a little BS and a little comedy.

Oh, that money, I thought it was a TIP !!!! Better call Fred.

Be Big,
Alan

The guy who had the Segway on one wheel within an hour or two of learning how to ride one a year ago at Walter Reed, Well the guy only has one leg, so one wheel, what's the difference. And he is going to be a real glider too!

Tim is a great guy, and he will have the time of his life on a Segway. Remember his buddy Chris Self (another DRAFT Awardee) - the only guy I have ever met who made an X2 look small, the two of them on Segways, let's talk about barriers being taken down! I want to see some rent-a-cop try to toss them and their Segways out of someplace....

And on that cash tip..... Alan, if it was a paper money, she would have slipped it in the strap of your thong! Coins, well you are going to have to get bigger shorts then!

Next time remember your the collector of the money!! Fred is only there to account for it and deposit it!

wwhopper
04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Without the help of the San Antonio DRAFT Crew.

Bruce and Lissa, were top notch.

But we would have been nowhere without Buzz at SegCity Tours. His shop just steps from the Alamo, was the PLACE to be.

Thanks to them for all they did for all the guys who were awarded segs this week.

Great job Texans!