PDA

View Full Version : Who has Tomorow, Good Friday Off?

forcelite
04-06-2007, 12:21 AM
I had to take the day off, but my wife got it off, so I was just wondering who has good Friday off. I get pretty screwed on holidays so I am thinking most people have it off.

Force

eJM
04-06-2007, 12:48 AM
I get everyday off. Does that count? :D

Sharkie
04-06-2007, 01:39 AM
I get every day off too, and it's the toughest job I've ever had. When you never do anything, it's VERY tiring, because you don't get to stop and take a break!!!

Jim

TX2Wheels
04-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I got off at 1:30 p.m. We work 9 hour days and normally get off at 11:30 a.m. every Friday.

TX2Wheels
04-06-2007, 06:57 AM
That's Thursday at 1:30 p.m.

KSagal
04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
I get everyday off. Does that count? :D

I get every day off too, and it's the toughest job I've ever had. When you never do anything, it's VERY tiring, because you don't get to stop and take a break!!!

Jim

I got off at 1:30 p.m. We work 9 hour days and normally get off at 11:30 a.m. every Friday.

Oh boo hoo! Life must be tough! LOL
Actually, I usually do not work on Fridays (Because I work an 18 hour Tuesday) but I just want to bust the chops on the retired guys...

outside
04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
I take off any day I want, and today is one of them. However, I have been known to work 18 hour days. When real estate is really hot, I don't get much time off. My hubby is off today, so I took the day with him. Hope I can get him to go gliding with me this afternoon. Enjoy your day with your wife.

Sharkie
04-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Oh boo hoo! Life must be tough! LOL
Actually, I usually do not work on Fridays (Because I work an 18 hour Tuesday) but I just want to bust the chops on the retired guys...

If I was retired by choice, I think I **MIGHT** be willing to take that in better spirits, but since that isn't the case, and I was retired by my doctor, I have to take exception to that remark! It IS tough when some days it's all you can do to get your next breath!

Jim

BillPaxton
04-06-2007, 12:26 PM
not me. Stuck behind the desk till 6. -bummer...

hellphish
04-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I am posting this from work.

cruiter
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Was off all week, and next week, and the week after. Does being retired count :) Just making up for 24/7 prior to retirement USN.

eJM
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM
If I was retired by choice, I think I **MIGHT** be willing to take that in better spirits, but since that isn't the case, and I was retired by my doctor, I have to take exception to that remark! It IS tough when some days it's all you can do to get your next breath!

Jim
Hi Sharkie,

I feel what you're saying. My health is also what retired me - I don't like saying disabled. I have to suck every breath I can through a hose in my nose. But I breath so much easier and enjoy my "retirement" so much more on a Segway. Remember, when those guys are doing their jobs, we can be out gliding. I miss the big bucks, especially holiday bucks, but now I get to do some of the things I couldn't or never even considered before I got sick.

Try to keep a light heart.

R'gards,

Jim

KSagal
04-06-2007, 01:42 PM
My appologies to anyone who took offense to my joke. It was not intended to offend...

I was responding to having the day off. That implys that you have other days where you are not off.

I hope all have a nice glide today, when ever you can get to it...

eJM
04-06-2007, 01:56 PM
What are you, some kinda rabble-rouser? http://grumpsplace.com/images/smilies/goof.gif

gbrandwood
04-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I am posting this from work.That's the way to do it!

nickyboy
04-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Off from the day job (the one that pays the mortgage and keeps my 3 girls in shoes) but been working on the dealer website, so does that count?

drmarty
04-08-2007, 02:27 AM
"I get every day off too, and it's the toughest job I've ever had. When you never do anything, it's VERY tiring, because you don't get to stop and take a break!!!"

Jim, Nothing here says anything that would let someone else know you have a medical problem. No one here is a mind reader. We are all "friends" with common interests. We may have a little "fun" batting issues around and we certainly don't agree on everything.

But please lighten up and take the remarks in the vein they were made.

I see what Karl said as a humorous, upbeat response. Nothing to take exception to. I truly believe No One here would make light of anyone else's misfortune if they know about it.

So, I am sorry for your problems, whatever they may be and I only hope your Segway helps in some way and the fellowship here helps in other ways. Remember, we are the ones on the inside watching all those people without Segways. That is always something to smile about.

Marty

wwhopper
04-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I never have a day away from the Segway. Here it is Easter morning and there is one in my living room and one in my dinning room.

So every day there is a Segway in it, is like a day off. Especially if I get to glide!