PDA

View Full Version : Marriott...Ritz-Carlton local or corporate contact(s)?

MiamiBeachPatrol
04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
To whom... that may help,

We are currently in the (somewhat lengthy) political process of local lobbying (city commissioner-to-city commissioner) for Segway use along a couple of our South Florida beaches.
Concurrently we've contacted the management of both adjacent Marriott and Ritz-Carlton properties for the opportunity of initiating a Guided Segway Tour from their respective hotels.

I know a couple of you gentlemen have, in the not so distant past, skillfully negotiated deals with your local Marriott and Ritz-Carlton's.......... (Tom, for one, of Floridaever-glides... with the latter)

It would be of great help (as "connections" move the world), if any of you wonderful human beings (am I piling-it-on a little too thick yet?) would be able to offer a further Marriott and/or Ritz-Carlton "contact" you currently deal with... that we may call upon for corroborating support in our negotiations with our local officials -------- Preferably, one that might offer "glowing praise" for your business relationship.

I've found, over the years, that changing the status quo (e.g initiating Segway use), is so much more effective when someone-who-knows-someone-who-knows-someone else can be contacted as a referral.

Being new to this group, I'm looking forward to many mutually-shared tips/suggestions/advice with all of you Segway veterans. --- And....."Certainly (you) can...present a bill for such services... after all, we are not Communists."

Thanks,
Michael Byrne

Sleepy
04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Try looking up some contacts at the Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas. They have been involved with Segway tours/Segway polo for a while now. Perhaps the management there may be able to influence their Florida counterparts.

http://specialevents.com/mag/events_good_match_20051006/

-Alex
Bay Area SEG

BillPaxton
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
One person you can speak with is Don Maselli, who is Associate Director of Meeting and Special Events at the Key Biscayne Ritz. I have his number and email which I will PM you after I have spoken with him and he says its OK.

MiamiBeachPatrol
04-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Alex, I'll check out Las Vegas. Thanks.

And Bill, your Key Biscayne contact would be wonderful.
His boss, John Rolfs is the regional manager and VP of all the area Ritz-Carltons.
I dropped off an introductory letter directed to him (left it with one of his secretaries) last week... was going to follow-up at the end of next week.
If you could make that "connection" for me........I'd remember you in my Will. :-)

Michael

BillPaxton
04-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Alex, I'll check out Las Vegas. Thanks.

And Bill, your Key Biscayne contact would be wonderful.
His boss, John Rolfs is the regional manager and VP of all the area Ritz-Carltons.
I dropped off an introductory letter directed to him (left it with one of his secretaries) last week... was going to follow-up at the end of next week.
If you could make that "connection" for me........I'd remember you in my Will. :-)

MichaelI spoke at length with him Saturday during our corporate retreat - He awaits your proposal - ball is in your court!

Best of luck, see PM for more detail on the conversation

RAG1247
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I have no personal knowledge of this operation but they may have helpful info (run tours on ft lauderdale beach)

Segway Tours

The Segway Human Transporter, a two-wheeled, self-balancing, electric scooter that uses a body's natural motions to steer and guide it, is now a popular vehicle for commuting, running errands and, particularly, for seeing the sights of a vacation destination. Fort Lauderdale Beach Segway Tours (954-522-1770) has a Welcome Center on A1A, 500 ft. south of Las Olas Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale.

MiamiBeachPatrol
04-16-2007, 09:47 PM
I spoke at length with him Saturday during our corporate retreat - He awaits your proposal - ball is in your court!

Best of luck, see PM for more detail on the conversation

Thanks Bill. Got your PM.... I've PM'd you with a long dissertation.

MiamiBeachPatrol
04-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I have no personal knowledge of this operation but they may have helpful info (run tours on ft lauderdale beach)

Segway Tours

The Segway Human Transporter, a two-wheeled, self-balancing, electric scooter that uses a body's natural motions to steer and guide it, is now a popular vehicle for commuting, running errands and, particularly, for seeing the sights of a vacation destination. Fort Lauderdale Beach Segway Tours (954-522-1770) has a Welcome Center on A1A, 500 ft. south of Las Olas Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks Richard. I know about those guys. They sound like they know they know their business.
I'm concentrating on a little bit south of them for right now.

Michael