PDA

View Full Version : 9 min video

metoo22
04-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Here is a video I did using a sunglasses mounted camera. I think there is a nice "eat it" at the end of this.
http://www.lifecastpro.com/segway/12.asf

sombody
04-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Dude- that is without a doubt the absolutly DULLEST Segway video I have ever seen. You have got to be kidding .

My God what are you thinking ? Dull Dull dull boring painful- Please no more

william collins
04-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Much more boring and the only good part is when he rode in to the Tree..My suggestions ...Toss that Video and put the info Key in your Pocket before it pops off and is lost forever..And stay out of the woods ya looked lost there for awhile

DaveA
04-01-2007, 02:23 PM
I've had my i2 for just about two months now, and ran past 400 miles on the odo this morning. Watching this video made me nervous as a cat -- the first couple of times I fell off my i2 was when I was driving just such a trail in the darkness. No light, just a full moon overhead, and I got snagged a couple of times by an unseen patch of mud, and a tree root.

I went down hard, aggravated my wimpy lower back muscles, and learned a lesson really well. Kids, don't be a dumbass like I was! I pay a lot more attention to the path ahead now than I did when I started.

(That's the thing about the Segway -- it takes minutes to learn to operate, but a much longer time to re-learn your high school physics.)

Anyway, playing this video, I watched the deep piles of leaves fly by at speed, saw roots encroach and sandy spots jump in his path; and I held my breath, worried for the rider's well being.

I was glad when it was over, 'cause my stomach was in knots. Boring? I wouldn't call it that.

DaveA
04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
put the info Key in your Pocket before it pops off and is lost forever
OT, but is it common for the infokey to come loose? Hasn't happened to me... yet!

metoo22
04-01-2007, 02:30 PM
You guys have any exciting video then?
YOu don't have to watch you know...
I eat it really good at the end of this. I had to stop the cam for a minute. I'm not lost, the trails are that deep, just trying to hear where other bike riders are.
Here's more boring video:
CAUTION: boring video ahead.
www.lifecastpro.com/segway/13.asf

DaveA
04-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeppers, that one twisted my gut up too. Maybe you ought to trade for an x2? Couple of tough falls there.

NovaScotian
04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I hope you and your i2 are OK.

This looks like a great place to shoot a Segway version of Blair Witch Project.;)

gbrandwood
04-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Despite the "boring" warnings, I still decided to watch both all the way through. My final verdict: yup, boring! But there's just something about a video featuring a Segway that compells me to watch. So true, it might be up for the boring video award, but thanks for sharing anyway. Like you say, we don't need to watch. But I appreciate the time you've taken to put it online.

Edited highlights would be an idea. I especially like the "Hmm" bit from the first vid, just before you go over the planks. A bit more commentry might have livened it up.

Cheers

Mr_Laurenzano
04-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I eat it really good at the end of this. I had to stop the cam for a minute. I'm not lost, the trails are that deep, just trying to hear where other bike riders are.

MORE MORE MORE MORE, MORE BORING VIDEOS.
...I've got one of me riding though poison oak groves with no pants, and a jason hockey mask, 1 min. It still itches.
...where did I put that video?...
CRASH

nickyboy
04-02-2007, 03:19 PM
MORE MORE MORE MORE, MORE BORING VIDEOS.
...I've got one of me riding though poison oak groves with no pants, and a jason hockey mask, 1 min. It still itches.
...where did I put that video?...
CRASH

Do you really want us to answer that? LOL

Nick

behindblueeyes
04-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I guess if I were to film my glides around town and thru the woods they would seem boring to everyone not present. It's just feels great to have the wind in your face and the Segway underneath you. Each glide is different and exciting If your doing the gliding no matter where it is. My glides are getting longer. My new Comfort pads come in Thursday. Can't wait. Tony

zzcarolyn
04-02-2007, 09:34 PM
I guess if I were to film my glides around town and thru the woods they would seem boring to everyone not present. It's just feels great to have the wind in your face and the Segway underneath you. Each glide is different and exciting If your doing the gliding no matter where it is. My glides are getting longer. My new Comfort pads come in Thursday. Can't wait. Tony

Every time I glide, no matter where I glide, I have "the best day ever!" I imagine my glides would be less than exciting for others to watch, but they are exciting for me.

Carolyn

polo_pro
04-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Every time I glide, no matter where I glide, I have "the best day ever!" I imagine my glides would be less than exciting for others to watch, but they are exciting for me.

You of all people should know the best days ever are when you glide AND play polo! The days were you just glide are only "the best day"s.

metoo22
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
I posted these videos just because, before I got my i2, I wanted to see any video I could. So for those who don't have an i2 or a Segway at all, here is part 3 of my day on the glide.
http://www.lifecastpro.com/segway/14.asf
I'm working on a good one with me gliding with my Darth Vader helmet.

Segway Shawn
04-29-2007, 03:05 PM

I have a cool editing program that helps make your video more interesting to watch, maybe. Send me a message and I will try and get you a copy of an easy to use and well developed program.

As for cool videos? These are some of the coolest videos found anywhere.

Our Latest video with 6 different trailers, custom paint jobs, and a couple chicks from the car show. The best part is all the way at the end, it shows the PT SideKick being used by a kid.

** NEW** Video**---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0V1DQiugu4

#1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9fb45nYVFs

#2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edmeLXXwTwU

#3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viSY9_Cvgzc

#4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNoacWCOy-8

Its all in how its chopped up and put back together.

Don"t give up! Email me for that editing program.

KSagal
04-29-2007, 05:37 PM
I agree with Shawn... The raw footage is okay... It just has too much of what would wind up on the cutting room floor...

I used to video tape my skydive instruction as well as the jumps... Without editing, and music helps as well, even skydive videos can get like this one... Well, not this, but they are enhanced by editing...

I would title the first one in this series as, "While gliding in the wood, I came accross a fork in the path, and took the one more traveled, and it made all the difference..."