PDA

View Full Version : More Seg4Vets Media

Tarkus
03-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Here are some links to more coverage from around the nation about this past weeks Segs4Vet presentation:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ncl=http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp%3FS%3D6231048

Be Big,
Alan

Segwayuserfor6years
03-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Are there any Vets from Michigan who are taking Advantage of this oppurtunity?

Tarkus
03-18-2007, 10:08 AM
We have had a couple:

US Marine Lance Corp. Corey Smith
US Air Force SR. Airman Brian Kolfage

Both fine American Heroes.

Be Big,
Alan

wwhopper
03-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Corey - great young guy from Michigan is on there, and I am sure there will be photos and bios about all the folks from this last ceremony up soon. He was one of those that was born to ride a Segway - took to it like a duck to water, and of course everytime I told him he looked like he was having too much fun, he would tell me. "I am a Marine!" So either that meant he was not suppose to have fun, or they have fun all the time! Not sure which, but he was great to work with and train!

www.DRAFT.org

is the place to go to find out more about the program, as well as donate to the cause. (Tarkus - your falling down on your job (shaking them down for money) - Oh yeah that is what you are suppose to do is to show the vets how to fall, gracefully and safely, from a Segway)

Tarkus
03-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Corey - great young guy from Michigan is on there, and I am sure there will be photos and bios about all the folks from this last ceremony up soon. He was one of those that was born to ride a Segway - took to it like a duck to water, and of course everytime I told him he looked like he was having too much fun, he would tell me. "I am a Marine!" So either that meant he was not suppose to have fun, or they have fun all the time! Not sure which, but he was great to work with and train!

www.DRAFT.org

is the place to go to find out more about the program, as well as donate to the cause. (Tarkus - your falling down on your job (shaking them down for money) - Oh yeah that is what you are suppose to do is to show the vets how to fall, gracefully and safely, from a Segway)

Will,

I have been shaking big trees down here for the $$$, and some has started to fall out if their pockets.

The hardest part for me on these training sessions is the "Dick Van Dyke" thing you guys insist I do. I do it all in the name of safety, someone needs to show how to do a "soft landing" !

Wow, no secrets here.....

Be Big,
Alan