PDA

View Full Version : Block Party

safety1st
03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Here is a video we shot at a block party in downtown Dallas last Thursday for the residence. We were sponsored by The Third Rail Lofts (New lofts in downtown). Lots of people got to try the Segway for commuting to work while listening to a great band. Almost everyone that lives downtown also works there. It is a large file because it was shot in High Def and we kept the resolution in the upload.

http://dfwseg.com/video4.html

David Ford
D/FW Segway
dfwseg.com

hellphish
03-05-2007, 11:13 PM
I really, really enjoyed this video! I think it is because I love seeing segway newbies. There is just something about watching someone try a segway for the first time, and this video delivers on that!

Cube128
03-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Very nice! I've always thought that the consumer market Segway should target is the urban professional who lives and works downtown. Most of them are either just getting started and couldn't afford the upkeep on a car, or are wealthy enough that a Segway would just be a fun thing to have. I think a single commercial or ad shoot with well-dressed, fit, young professionals (without helmets - this is critical!) would work great.

pam
03-07-2007, 07:58 PM
great fun! I loved watching the guy in the suit try it out - and ending up with that huge segway smile.
Pam

safety1st
03-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks all. It was a great time. It seems during these kind of demos everyone has more fun. Maybe it has something to do just a lot of people around you.
We were reaching a very specific group.

We firmly believe the urban commuter will be a large market during the next 12 months.

Cube128 Very nice! I've always thought that the consumer market Segway should target is the urban professional who lives and works downtown. Most of them are either just getting started and couldn't afford the upkeep on a car, or are wealthy enough that a Segway would just be a fun thing to have. I think a single commercial or ad shoot with well-dressed, fit, young professionals (without helmets - this is critical!) would work great.
Yes, Cube128 we are with you on this. We start shooting our latest 60 sec spot in downtown Fort Worth next week. Just waiting on on some city permits. We should have it out of post production by the 19th.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

David Ford
D/FW Segway

cruiter
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Great "Marketing" job. I wish Inc would do some promos like this on a national basis. Using hip looking helmets was a nice bit to promote wearing head gear. Please post your next production.

JimHere is a video we shot at a block party in downtown Dallas last Thursday for the residence. We were sponsored by The Third Rail Lofts (New lofts in downtown). Lots of people got to try the Segway for commuting to work while listening to a great band. Almost everyone that lives downtown also works there. It is a large file because it was shot in High Def and we kept the resolution in the upload.

http://dfwseg.com/video4.html

David Ford
D/FW Segway
dfwseg.com