PDA

View Full Version : Code Name Ginger

n/a
10-05-2002, 08:57 AM
I just visited the Sagalyn site to see if there have been any changes with regards to Kemper's forthcoming book. The title has been changed from "It" to "Code Name Ginger" and subtitle added:

quote:Steve Kemper
Code Name Ginger
The Story Behind Dean Kamen's Quest to Invent a New World
Harvard Business School Press

http://www.sagalyn.com/forth.html

Anybody want to try to email them and ask when the book is expected to be on sale and if the title will be the final title of the book?

This seems to confirm that Kemper will be coming out with his book.

ftropea
10-05-2002, 02:50 PM
Very interesting Lawrence! Thanks for that..

Originally, Kemper had filed to copyright his book under the title:

"Dean Kamen and Ginger: Changing the World Through Invention"

..and I just checked the US copyright office and it still shows that. However, now your info indicates the title might be:

"Code Name Ginger: The Story Behind Dean Kamen's Quest to Invent a New World"

I prefer the first title if anyone is listening :)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

Blinky
10-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Does anybody know of other work done by Steve Kemper? I have tried to find some of his other work, and found nothing.

Casey
10-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Here's one that comes up on a google search:
quote:Twain's World Essays on Hartford's Cultural Heritage
Susan D. Pennybacker , James A. Miller , Lary Bloom , William Hosley , Tom Condon , Steve Courtney , Jim Farrell , Steve Kemper , Andrew Marlatt
Binding: Paperback
Publisher: Hartford Courant, The
ISBN: 096466383X

If you use steve-kemper in a google search, or steve-kemper books it gets a lot of hits, but a lot of them have to do with the It/Kamen book.

Blinky
10-05-2002, 04:38 PM
I am in favor for any author who is interested in writing books. But I would think that someone more familiar in book world would be writing a book about Segway/Kamen. It might bring more attention/audience/sales to the book and invention itself.
Don't get me wrong though, I am not saying this guy does not have the credentials to do so. But hey, what do I know.

Please don't ask me who should write it, I am not a big reader. [xx(]

ftropea
10-07-2002, 11:37 AM
Any predictions on when the book might be released?

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

n/a
10-07-2002, 12:11 PM
quote:Any predictions on when the book might be released?

I predict that the book will come out shortly before or after the launching of the consumer models. It would probably be best for the publisher to give out the book when interest in Segway is at a peak. If Segway is going to be a hit in the consumer market the interest will peak as time passes. It might be a good idea to release Segway and the book around the same time so that people will not only see a space age scooter, but the visions behind it and be able to appreciate the effort behind it.
If the book is also about the stirling, the publisher may have to wait until it is officially revealed.